Head Waiter/ress - Brooklands
The Peninsula London is pleased to announce we are seeking a Head Waiter/ress to join the team within the fine dining restaurant, reporting to the Assistant Restaurant Managers and responsible for a team of Chef de Rang and Commis Waiting Colleagues to deliver high levels of service.
Brooklands restaurant will offer contemporary European cuisine from Michelin-starred Chef Director, Claude Bosi, widely considered to be one of Britain's leading culinary lights – as well as top-flight libations and cigars – in a collection of distinctive spaces inspired by the classic eras of British aviation and motorsport.
The venue, designed by London architects Archer Humphryes, comprises a sleek main dining room with a sweeping outdoor terrace with enchanting panoramic views across London’s skyline taking in iconic landmarks like St Pauls and the City, the London Eye, and Battersea as well as over three Royal Parks (Hyde Park, Green Park, and St James’ Park).
- An exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile flagship hotel in London
- Market-leading remuneration, service charges, and attractive benefits
- Join our award-winning group, working alongside a highly experienced team
- Promote The Peninsula London to becoming a recognized culinary destination by creating memorable guest experiences through friendly, yet unobtrusive service with a passion for excellence.
- Understand and ensure the team also follow the sequence of service standards.
- Understand the menus and all food and beverage items ordered, including ingredients, methods of preparation, and appropriate style of service.
- Ensure usage of all food and beverage items and appropriate usage of equipment, tools, and service equipment.
- Utilize the POS system and train all colleagues accordingly and as required.
- Observe and maintain the daily condition of all physical facilities and equipment in the restaurant, and public area and make recommendations for corrections and improvement as needed.
- Supervising, and guiding a team and assisting management with day-to-day service.
- Good knowledge of British cuisine and food and beverage trends. Additionally, understand good wine and service within a fine dining restaurant.
- Experience of a similar role in a fine dining restaurant or luxury 5* hotel.
- Previous relevant culinary qualifications or certifications.
- Excellent team and time management and organizational skills, highly adaptable, naturally positive.
- Good communication skills, flexibility, and capability of working under pressure.
At the Peninsula London, we look after:
Your financial wellbeing:
- Excellent salary package
- Generous service charge distributed equitably to all colleagues
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced company contribution on pension plan
Your medical care:
- Medical cash plans including optical and dental coverage
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave plan
Your daily health routine:
- State of the art heart of house facilities including a gym, fitness classes, relaxation room, contemplation room and nursing mothers’ room
- Colleague restaurant with healthy and balanced 24/7 food offerings
- On-site occupational health and safety nurse and wellbeing education sessions
- High street and online shopping discounts
- Rewards and recognition initiatives
- Dry cleaning for uniforms and work attire
We are delighted to receive your CV and will liaise with suitable candidates directly.