Assistant Catering Manager - Swindon
Title: Assistant Catering Manager
Salary: Up to 27,000
- 28 Days holiday including bank holidays
- Plus your birthday off
- 3 volunteering days
- 3 days grandparent leave
- 24 week's enhanced maternity leave
- Secondary career leave
- Wedding/commitment day leave
- Free meals on shift
- Bespoke training and development opportunities
- Apprenticeships opportunities for all experience levels
- Pension and life insurance
- Discounts available on our HAPI app; high street shops, holidays & cinema
- Wellbeing hub
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
Are you a culinary connoisseur / gastronomic genius? Do you have an insatiable passion for the culinary arts and a burning desire to create masterful dishes that delight the senses? Yes? Then this is the role for you. At BaxterStorey we offer an exceptional culinary playground where your creativity can flourish and your talents shine. We wholeheartedly believe that the best food comes from nurturing talent and empowering our chefs to continuously evolve and refine their craft, that's why invest in you to develop your professional growth.
As a member of our team, you will be supported in an inclusive environment that encourages growth and celebrates diversity. We will invest in your development with ongoing training, to ensure that you have the skills and knowledge to thrive in your role, and we guarantee a good work-life balance, because we believe that people excel when they are given the space to take care of themselves.
If you are an inspirational and enthusiastic Catering Manager keen to make a name for yourself within the food service industry, we would love to hear from you!
- Menu Planning and Execution - create and plan menus in accordance with the style and customer preferences of the location. Oversee food preparation and presentation to ensure high-quality dishes, monitoring wastage and portion control
- Staff Management - recruit, train, and supervise all staff, including chefs, cooks and front of house. Provide continual guidance, coaching, and performance feedback to kitchen staff
- Inventory and Cost Control - monitor and manage stock levels, sensible approach to ordering supplies
- Customer Relations - Interact with customers to understand their specific catering needs and preferences and maintain an open channel of communication to address any concerns or requirements. Consistently seeking feedback is key to success
- Health and Safety Compliance - support the head chef to ensure adherence to health and safety regulations and food safety protocols/policies. Create an environment that has safety embedded in the culture
- Budget and Financial Management - develop and manage kitchen budgets, report on financial performance and implement any cost savings required without impacting delivery of excellence
- Menu Development and Innovation - stay updated on culinary trends and incorporate new ideas into menus
- Compliance and Documentation - maintain accurate records of inventory, orders, and food preparation processes and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Proven experience commensurate with role.
- Excellent creative culinary skills
- Leadership and team management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills
- Proficiency in food cost management
- Knowledge of food safety and health and safety regulations
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment
- Works according to the BaxterStorey core values
For almost 20 years, for every client, in every location (whether that's an office, stadium, cathedral or university), we have created beautiful spaces, exciting menus and friendly teams, so that each and every customer can have the hospitality experience they deserve.
We need the brightest and the best to join us to make this all possible. We will support you to create your hospitality legacy and build a career that you are proud of.
Our drive and belief in our people, means that we always strive to supercharge our team's careers. 'Better' is a daily habit that sits deep within our DNA, meaning learning will be front and centre of your experience working with us.
Join us, and be part of the food revolution!
We strive for better, we never settle, never compromise, never follow. We lead the way, blazing our own trail.
We are up-beat, motivating and inspiring. Our love for what we do radiates through our food, and is amplified by our people.
We embrace our differences to push creativity and we work together to be better.
We work together as a team to lead by example, protecting the planet and supporting local communities.
Interested? Even if you don't meet all requirements, we like to hear from you. If you are motivated and hungry to learn, we can work together to develop your potential.
BaxterStorey is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion among our workforce.
The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
And to support our commitment to this we have set ourselves an ED&I (Equity, Diversity and Inclusion) ambition to 'set the standard and to be recognised for having the most inclusive culture in hospitality'.