Food Service Assistant - Dunfermline
Food Service Assistant
Permanent 16 hour contract
Saturday and Sunday dayshifts
10.70 an hour
Must be over 18
- 28 Days holiday including bank holidays
- Plus your birthday off
- 3 volunteering days
- 3 days grandparent leave
- 24 week's enhanced maternity leave
- Secondary career leave
- Wedding/commitment day leave
- Free meals on shift
- Bespoke training and development opportunities
- Apprenticeships opportunities for all experience levels
- Pension and life insurance
- Discounts available on our HAPI app; high street shops, holidays & cinema
- Wellbeing hub
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
Do you have a passion for providing genuine hospitality and impeccable service? Are you a collaborative team player? Are you friendly, professional and efficient? Yes? Then this is the role for you. At BaxterStorey, we believe that every interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting impression, that's why we're looking for a Food Service Assistant who strives to exceed expectations at every turn. As a trailblazer in the hospitality industry, we are excited to open our doors to individuals who share our passion for delivering exceptional experiences and creating unforgettable moments.
We believe that it is our people that set us apart, that's why as a member of our team, you will be supported in an inclusive environment that encourages growth and celebrates diversity. We will invest in your development with ongoing training, to ensure that you have the skills and knowledge to thrive in your role, and we guarantee a good work-life balance, because we believe that people excel when they are given the space to take care of themselves.
If you are a Food Service Assistant who thrives on delivering extraordinary experiences, loves to be part of a harmonious and collaborative team, we would love to hear from you!
- Service - serve food and beverages to guests in a friendly and professional manner. Ensure that guests' needs and requests are efficiently and effectively addressed
- Customer Service - provide excellent service by being attentive to guests' needs at every point on their customer journey. Answering questions and addressing any concerns or issues in a friendly manner
- Teamwork - collaborate with all other staff to ensure the smooth flow of operations and support and contribute to creating an inclusive and safe working environment
- Adherence to Regulations - comply with health and safety regulations, as well as any specific food service or catering guidelines established on location
- Cleanliness - maintain cleanliness and hygiene standards in the kitchen and dining areas
- Have a contagious passion for food and/or customer service
- You draw satisfaction from working within a collaborative and inclusive team environment
- Ability to adapt to challenges and opportunities with a solution-oriented perspective
- Previous experience in a similar role, especially in the food service industry, is often a plus
- Some knowledge of food safety and sanitation practices
- Works according to the BaxterStorey core values
For almost 20 years, for every client, in every location (whether that's an office, stadium, cathedral or university), we have created beautiful spaces, exciting menus and friendly teams, so that each and every customer can have the hospitality experience they deserve.
We need the brightest and the best to join us to make this all possible. We will support you to create your hospitality legacy and build a career that you are proud of.
Our drive and belief in our people, means that we always strive to supercharge our team's careers. 'Better' is a daily habit that sits deep within our DNA, meaning learning will be front and centre of your experience working with us.
Join us, and be part of the food revolution!
We strive for better, we never settle, never compromise, never follow. We lead the way, blazing our own trail.
We are up-beat, motivating and inspiring. Our love for what we do radiates through our food, and is amplified by our people.
We embrace our differences to push creativity and we work together to be better.
We work together as a team to lead by example, protecting the planet and supporting local communities.
Interested? Even if you don't meet all requirements, we like to hear from you. If you are motivated and hungry to learn, we can work together to develop your potential.
BaxterStorey is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion among our workforce.
The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
And to support our commitment to this we have set ourselves an ED&I (Equity, Diversity and Inclusion) ambition to 'set the standard and to be recognised for having the most inclusive culture in hospitality'.