Head Chef - East Malling
Up to 42,000
Bradbourne House is Kent's luxury, exclusive use venue located in the heart of the countryside. Set in the quaint village of East Malling, Kent, just an hour away from London, as you make your way through the iron gates and up the stately ,drive way, you will encounter a breath-taking setting.
Located on the East Malling Research site, Baxterstorey also looks after the events and catering at the Orchards Event Venue and the Orchards Caf .
Are you a sous chef looking to develop into a head chef? Then this opportunity to join our catering team based in East Malling could be the perfect fit. it would be suitable for an enthusiastic individual who is looking for the next stage of their career and who has an appetite for knowledge a willingness to learn and manage.
Working a 40 hour week 5 days over 7
Reporting to the General Manager you will provide support across the kitchens at Bradbourne House and East Malling Research.
You will be the Head Chef on event days across Bradbourne House's social calendar and provide support at the conference centre when required. This role requires somebody confident in managing a small team with different needs, as well as creating menus and nutritics for both sites.
WHAT WILL KEEP YOU BUSY:
- Menu development to ensure we provide a combination of healthy, nutritious, exiting meals which are cost effective to produce.
- Manage stock rotation with a focus on reducing waste, ensuring product availability, stock holding, and stock security.
- Complete all daily food safety checks, to include allergens, and food related legislation
- Stay up to date with market and sector trends for dish content and presentation.
- Assist with all kitchen people processes, induction, and training and complete any training courses required.
- Support the team through their learning journey
- Follow all company food safety policies and health and safety, fire, and security policies.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Display a real passion for food
- Good secondary education
- Excellent craft skills background
- Successful progressive background in catering
- Basic and Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong Supervisory experience
- Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
Everyone who joins Baxterstorey will attend our induction and receive online training where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.
- 28 Days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Birthday additional holiday.
- 3 days volunteering days.
- 3 days grandparent leave.
- 24 week's enhanced maternity leave.
- Secondary career leave.
- Wedding/commitment day leave.
- Free meals on shift
- Bespoke development training
- Pension and life insurance
- Discounts available from HAPI app, from high street shops to holidays & cinema