Cellar Hand - Bruton, Somerset
A driving license is required for this role
Our Award-Winning Cyder team is on the lookout for a new team member to join them!
Our Cellar Hands
This is a fantastic entry-level position into the world of cyder making. Our cellar hands are the backbone of the cyder cellar. They are versatile and practical - assisting with transporting our apples and cyder, heavy lifting, forklift driving and maintaining a clean and safe environment for the team. If you have an interest in cyder production, are a pro-active team player and have great communication skills.
What we can offer
- A positive workplace environment with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
- Stay in shape with our complimentary use of our gym and wellbeing classes
- Look after your wellbeing with complimentary access to our Spa and swimming pools and our exclusive benefit of 50% of Spa Treatments.
- Enjoy shopping in both our shops on estate and online with 30% discount for all our colleagues and free delivery for any online purchases.
- Discover exclusive perks with our Discounted hotel stays for staff, accompanied by a fantastic 30% discount at our restaurants.
- The opportunity to ensure your views are heard and shape the future of the business via our Employee Engine Room.
- Complimentary garden membership for the Newt and our partner gardens including the Eden Project, Kew Gardens and The Lost Gardens of Heligan
- Complimentary meal whilst on shift, created using fresh produce from our estate by our dedicated staff food chefs
- We value your hard work and recognise your achievements through our colleague recognition programme "Newt Awards" with the opportunity to achieve a variety of amazing rewards including a complimentary Hotel Stay.
- Support from our Employee Assistance Programme for both yourself and your family
- A team that knows how to have fun with regular team engagement activities including monthly Gather and Grow Motivational Speakers and our regular fun squad events, which include activities such as Go-Karting and Wine Tasting, to name but a few.
- Up to 30 days annual leave each year for our full-time team
Where you'll be working - Our Cyder Team
The Cyder Team are an integral part to one of The Newt's most important products: Our top-quality Cyder (spelt with a Y). Cyder has been a staple of Somerset for hundreds of years, it is The Newt's goal to celebrate every aspect of the county's signature crop; from the sapling to the tree, the fruit, it's juice and the final stage: cyder. Our cyders are made with 100% apple juice and by using slow, cold fermentation, the residual sweetness from the apples is maintained. It is important that we share our knowledge and love of cyder with all our members, so we regularly run Cyder Experiences, tours, tastings and masterclasses.
Who are we? - The Newt in Somerset
Nestled within an expanse of rolling fields and steeped in ancient history, our luxury country estate stands as a haven of refined elegance, inviting guests to explore acres of captivating gardens, meandering pathways, and enriching exhibitions - accessible 364 days a year for our members. Our hotel extends a warm welcome, offering a home-away-from-home experience where impeccable service flourishes in an ambiance of unassuming sophistication. Beyond the estate, the Newt's essence remains tangible, with our Ecommerce teams delivering our finest products to homes, while media and membership endeavours keep them informed of our latest developments. Behind the scenes, a tapestry of talented teams - from Housekeeping to HR, Finance to Farming - collaborates harmoniously, crafting an unforgettable journey of growth, development, and innovation, where every contribution creates unparalleled experiences.