Cleaner (Hotel Room Attendant) - Bruton, Somerset
Job Type: Full Time / Part Time (Various hours available over 4 days per week)
Please note a driving license is required for this role
Join our team of housekeepers and cleaners at The Best Boutique Hotel in the World, where attention to detail is paramount.
Our Room Attendants
We are searching for enthusiastic room attendants to join our friendly housekeeping team at The Newt in Somerset. Taking responsibility for the cleanliness of our beautifully designed bedrooms, our room attendants are perfectionists with an exceptional attention to detail. A thorough and supportive training programme will be provided from Day 1 equipping you with all the tools and skills you need to do your role.
Your working hours will generally be between the hours of 8am-4pm And you will have a good balance of weekend days off.
What we can offer
- A positive workplace environment with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
- Stay in shape with our complimentary use of our gym and wellbeing classes
- Look after your wellbeing with complimentary access to our Spa and swimming pools and our exclusive benefit of 50% of Spa Treatments.
- Enjoy shopping in both our shops on estate and online with 30% discount for all our colleagues and free delivery for any online purchases.
- Discover exclusive perks with our Discounted hotel stays for staff, accompanied by a fantastic 30% discount at our restaurants.
- The opportunity to ensure your views are heard and shape the future of the business via our Employee Engine Room.
- Complimentary garden membership for the Newt and our partner gardens including the Eden Project, Kew Gardens and The Lost Gardens of Heligan
- Complimentary meal whilst on shift, created using fresh produce from our estate by our dedicated staff food chefs
- We value your hard work and recognise your achievements through our colleague recognition programme "Newt Awards" with the opportunity to achieve a variety of amazing rewards including a complimentary Hotel Stay.
- Support from our Employee Assistance Programme for both yourself and your family
- A team that knows how to have fun with regular team engagement activities including monthly Gather and Grow Motivational Speakers and our regular fun squad events, which include activities such as Go-Karting and Wine Tasting, to name but a few.
- Up to 30 days annual leave each year for our full-time team
Where you'll be working - The Housekeeping Team
Looking after 40 beautiful rooms across two sites, as well as our hotel public areas - our team offer the The individually designed rooms need a lot of care and attention to ensure that every guest feels that they are first to have ever stayed in their room. This means we need people who are perfectionists with high level of attention to detail and who can apply our high standards. We expect all our guests to enjoy a relaxing and friendly visit so all our staff must be friendly and happy to talk to our guests.
Who are we? - The Newt in Somerset
Nestled within an expanse of rolling fields and steeped in ancient history, our luxury country estate stands as a haven of refined elegance, inviting guests to explore acres of captivating gardens, meandering pathways, and enriching exhibitions - accessible 364 days a year for our members. Our hotel extends a warm welcome, offering a home-away-from-home experience where impeccable service flourishes in an ambiance of unassuming sophistication. Beyond the estate, the Newt's essence remains tangible, with our Ecommerce teams delivering our finest products to homes, while media and membership endeavours keep them informed of our latest developments. Behind the scenes, a tapestry of talented teams - from Housekeeping to HR, Finance to Farming - collaborates harmoniously, crafting an unforgettable journey of growth, development, and innovation, where every contribution creates unparalleled experiences.