Head Breakfast Chef - Tower Bridge, London
WatchHouse is an industry leading group of specialty coffee & brunch houses across London, with a flagship house in Bath. We are looking for a passionate and skilled Head Breakfast Chef to join our team in flagship London House - Tower Bridge.
As a Head Chef at WatchHouse you'll execute a diverse and exciting menu, with seasonal additions regularly. At WatchHouse we believe the best ingredients make the best products. It's your job to embrace that philosophy and help us to redefine the way customers think about brunch food by producing and serving plates that are vibrant, full of flavour, provenance and made with the passion and care that is so prominent throughout WatchHouse.
In short, at WatchHouse you can expect:
- A truly wonderful bunch of people that you'll get to work with.
- Guaranteed contracted hours every week to suit you.
- Great shift times.
- Free coffee & WH drinks (even on days off).
- Free lunch on every shift!
- 30% off food when you aren't working.
- 30% off our WH retail range.
- Full training available and opportunities for career growth and development across the business.
- A higher share of the service charge.
- Access to the WatchHouse cycle to work scheme.
Key aspects of the role:
- The ability to cook and present dishes, in line with specification, in a busy environment.
- The capability to deliver food GP% to budget.
- Stocktaking and management of stock control.
- A strong understanding of food health and safety.
- Working 5 days out of 7 (including weekends), from open til 3:30 pm on weekdays and 4:30 pm on weekends.
- Maintain Food Hygiene standards, Health & Safety standards, and ensure proper food safety standards in the kitchen by implementing and following our policies and procedures, labelling, rotation, and cleaning routines, amongst others.
- Always proactive and professional. Calm under pressure, you demonstrate organisation, preparation, and efficiency during busy periods, and take pleasure and pride in the job that you do.
Professional Qualifications / Experience Preferred
- Previous leadership experience in a brunch style or food service kitchen within a high-end food & beverage environment; which includes working within a kitchen team.
- Exemplary standards of personal hygiene and presentation.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to recruit, train and coach junior team members.
- Understanding of Food Hygiene standards, Health & Safety standards. Certification will be required.
WatchHouse is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves in creating an environment where diversity is celebrated, equality is insisted and inclusion expected.A company where we believe in having the right person in the role; and personality, individuality and uniqueness top the list of what we are looking for in applications and throughout our hiring process.