Head Greenkeeper - Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Location: Pype Hayes Golf Course & Gym, 248 Eachelhurst Rd, The Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield, B76 1EP
Salary: £24,035 - £27,170 p.a Plus Benefits
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: 19th March 2024
- To programme and arrange and supervise Golf greenkeeping operations.
- To undertake and oversee others in the setting, operation and daily maintenance of specialist golf green keeping equipment, mowing equipment and tractors. To keep detailed and accurate records of work completed and maintenance carried out.
- To supervise by planning, motivating and controlling all associated maintenance across the whole course.
- To identify pest, weed or disease problems and carry out appropriate cultural or chemical control of affected areas. To set-up, calibrate and check spraying equipment.
- To assist in the surveying, planning and construction of new greens, tees and bunker around the course.
- To assist in the production of liquid and granular fertilising equipment and to evenly distribute appropriate feed to greens and tees.
- To oversee the work of third parties and sub-contractors when working on the golf courses, ensuring that they adhere to legislation and Mytime Health & Safety policy.
- You may be required to undertake various other duties as may reasonably be required.
Skills and Abilities
- A proven ability to lead and work as a team member in a busy green keeping environment.
- A proven ability to implement systems of operation and maintain accurate records.
- An ability to undertake a diverse and demanding workload and to deliver consistently high work, within specified timescales.
- To be punctual and have a flexible approach to working.
- Experience of operating a variety of grounds maintenance equipment.
- Able to work in a safe manner.
- The ability to work on their own initiative.
- Must be flexible on shift work
Knowledge and Experience
- Good working knowledge of green keeping and horticultural practices.
- Good working knowledge of irrigation systems and minor repairs.
- A good understanding of the principles associated with minor golf course reconstruction projects.
- A minimum of two years' experience of grounds maintenance/green keeping on a golf course
- Qualifications specific to the operation of machinery.
- Qualifications specific to green keeping, which will provide added value to the role with Mytime Active.
In return you get to work for a great company with like-minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Leisure & Golf for you and one other.
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Additional leave with length of service.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- 25% off food and beverage and free hot drinks.
- NEST pension.
- Early Pay- withdraw a part of your salary in advance of the pay day.
- New Employee Referral Bonus
- Exceptional achievement award scheme.
- Employee Benefits Platform & salary sacrifice schemes.
- Health and Wellbeing Benefits including Health Assessments and checks.
We are an independent social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing through our range of accessible services. These include golf, swimming, gyms, bowling, social and health programmes at 20 locations across Bromley, the Midlands and Hampshire. We reinvest our profits into the long-term wellbeing of our local communities, and to date we've helped hundreds of thousands of people to live a happier and healthier lifestyle.
All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- Satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check if needed for the role
Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
Must be able to attend evening and weekend meetings / events when required and travel between sites
To take on any other duties as may be required, commensurate with the post and in particular to ensure the continued delivery of high-quality effective services for Mytime Active.