Experienced Casino Dealer - Mayfair, London
Metropolitan Gaming Group is the multi-channel gaming and leisure brand for people who live city life to the full. The home of Metropolitan Gaming Online and Metropolitan Casinos, we're dedicated to providing exceptional experience and service for our guests whichever platform or venue they visit. Our eleven city destinations across the UK and Egypt include the iconic Empire Casino in Leicester Square, and London's newest luxury casino Metropolitan Mayfair. We're a 'Why Not?' brand that likes to challenge the status quo and we're passionate about: looking good, feeling great; keeping our finger on the pulse; doing things with a twist; and being safe hands for our customers and people.
We are recruiting for experienced casino dealers to join our fantastic team at the luxury Park Lane casino situated in Mayfair. The Park Lane Casino is the perfect location for those who are looking to take their career to a whole new level.
Not only do we provide fantastic career opportunities, we also many benefits for our employees. Here is a sample of the many we offer our team:
- Growth opportunities
- Salary enhancement from midnight until 6am
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension
- Extensive employee HUB offering discounts from travel, retail, hospitality to health and well-being
- Regular training and development
- Employee health and well-being services
- Refer a friend incentive (Paid into your employee hub account)
- 50% off food and drinks in all our UK venues
- Financial advice services
- Holiday accrual with length of service
Salary + Tips + Salary Enhancement when working night shifts (12-6am).
So, are you ready to place your bets on a career with us?
Within this role you must have previous experience working as a casino dealer, having the ability to host live gaming tables and fully aware of compliance and social responsibilities.
MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
To provide all customers, guests, and visitors with the highest level of customer service to ensure that the unique Metropolitan Gaming experience is always achieved.
Through training and development be able to take on multiple dealing and gaming roles throughout the venue as and when required by management.
All dealers will be required to be skilled in executing Blackjack, Roulette, Three Card Poker and through further training and where required Texas Hold'em Poker and Punto Banco.
- The dealer must maintain control of the game when dealing.
- The dealer must shuffle the cards, spin the wheel, or deal the cards but will also calculate and pay winning bets, change cash into house chips and take losing bets.
- The dealer will change chip colours for the players as well as answer questions and at times provide guidance on the rules of the game.
- In addition to the traditional dealer responsibilities, our Dealers provide entertainment and hospitality to customers, and the quality of a dealer's customer service contributes to the venues and company's success.
Compliance with all relevant legislation is a crucial requirement of the role. Dealers are expected to be knowledgeable about all Safer Gaming and Anti Money laundering requirements. Dealers must undertake regular associated training and immediately raise any associated concerns with their line manager when on duty, as per the SG and AML policies.
This position requires working evenings, weekends, and shifts that coincide with a 24/7 trading week so individuals should be flexible in their scheduling. Dealers will spend a large portion of their shift on their feet working directly with the public.
- Always maintain a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Acknowledge players when they arrive at the tables.
- Remain patient and polite with customers even in times of disagreement and dispute.
- Advise customers on how the MetCard loyalty programme works, always ask customers for their loyalty card, and encourage the using of it.
- Deal all games in accordance with procedures including "The Rules of the Game" and the Gaming Manual.
- Conduct game commentary in a manner that keeps colleagues and customers clearly informed of their actions, is fully audible and provides clarity and guidance to all.
- Inform a manger when a customer persistently displays behaviours associated with a "Problem Gambler".
- Maintain awareness of customer body language which might indicate collusion or misconduct and immediately report any suspicions to a supervisor.
- Work to continually improve technical skills to improve the efficiency of games.
- Complete all Metropolitan Gaming's mandatory training.
- Attend meetings, training workshops and other communication events as and when requested.
- Assist other dealers by conducting informal coaching when the opportunity arises.
- Immediately report any concerns regarding the security of the games to a Gaming Supervisor or senior team member.
- Regularly check all the gaming equipment on the tables that are allocated to open, determining that the table is fit for purpose and report it if not.
- Report all incidents regarded as suspicious as defined by the AML training.
- Uphold the company's commitment to the protection of young and vulnerable people, in accordance with the company's responsible gambling policy and procedures.
PLEASE NOTE: You must be aged 18 or over and have the right to work in the UK.