Staff Food Chef - Forest Row, East Sussex
Ashdown Park Hotel have a fantastic opportunity for a Staff Food Chef to join our award winning, friendly brigade. We are looking for a friendly Staff Chef who thrives in a busy kitchen to be responsible for the preparation and production of meals for the staff working in the hotel. You will prepare a varied choice of dishes from fresh ingredients which offer an interesting, balanced and varied diet for our staff. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to improve your skills in a busy and wide ranging environment. The hours are 40 hours per week working five days out of seven.
- To ensure that the staff food is delivered promptly each day at the published times for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- To ensure that the staff buffet is replenished regularly during service times.
- To be responsible for the quality, variety and presentation of the staff buffet.
- To take ownership of the general staff amenities within the staff canteen.
- To plan ahead and ensure that the correct numbers of staff are prepared for.
- To ensure correct methods are used for preparation of food and to check presentation.
- To control all food storage activities to make sure that all food is kept in prime condition and a good method of stock rotation is being used in all areas of the kitchen.
- To ensure the correct control of mis-en-plas, both quality and quantity and storing it in a correct manner,
- To always prioritise and constantly strive for excellence.
- Relevant experience within a kitchen environment
- NVQ level 2 or 3 in Professional Cookery or equivalent is desirable
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure
If you feel that you can rise to this challenge, then please submit your application as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close the role early if sufficient applications are received.
Due to our rural location you will need your own transport
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded and unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about.
About Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club:
Ashdown Park Hotel and Country Club is a stunning grade two listed country house set in 186 acres of beautiful grounds on the edge of the Ashdown Forest. With an award winning 4 red star Hotel, fine dining two rosette Anderida Restaurant, 3 lounges, 17 conference & banqueting rooms, Cocktail Bar, Brasserie, fully equipped Country Club and Spa, we offer our guests a complete experience.
Why work at Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club:
As an accredited Investor in People, we are dedicated to the development of our staff. Many of the team started out in junior roles, but have been offered training and promotional opportunities as their skills have grown. We are very fortunate to have a large percentage of long-term team members able to offer their experience and expertise to the next generation of hospitality professionals – this could be you!
To support and reward our staff we offer:
- A commitment to pay above the living wage
- Generous share of the monthly Service Charge (*which is dependant upon overall sales performance)
- Career development with accredited training providers
- Enhanced holiday programme & reward scheme for long service
- Employee Assistance Programme - Hospitality Action
- Meals provided by our talented kitchen team
- We have plenty of free parking
- Generous 'Refer a Friend' bounty incentive
- We also have amazing recognition awards for exceptional customer service
- Reduced price stays in all of our hotels where you are treated like a guest no matter who you are! (after successful completion of probation period)
- Discounts available for spa treatments and for food and beverage (after successful completion of probation period)
- Uniform provided
- Smart Penion Scheme which is linked to Smart Rewards which gives employees free, unlimited access to over 1200 discounts
- Access to Wagestream which helps you keep track of your earnings in real-time; gives you access to the wages you have earned; helps you to save wages; gives you access to a financial health score checker.