Gymnastics Coach - Kingston Upon Thames, London
We are Places for People Group, we're a social enterprise that believes it's people that make a community. That's why we build homes and deliver services for everyone in the community to thrive. At Places Leisure we are changing lives by creating active places and healthy people for communities to thrive, and we want to be the UK's leading health and wellbeing enabler.
We aren't your typical company. We apply the same philosophy to our People as we do to our communities, ensuring our team is appreciated and supported. At Places for People, you're more than just a number - you're part of our cause.
More about your role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Gymnastics Instructor, at Places Leisure, where you will be working in a fun, lively environment with likeminded people. You will help to inspire others to work together and deliver their very best. With your passion for teaching, gymnastics and excellent class programming and instructing skills, you will be full of enthusiasm whilst engaging with our customers and impressing them with your extensive knowledge and expertise.
It would be beneficial if you are a fully qualified Gymnastics Instructor and hold a valid British Gymnastics Membership, along with previous experience in a coaching environment. However, if you are keen to become a Gymnastics Instructor then we would love to hear from you as with our continuous learning and development opportunities, we would be happy to support you in achieving this qualification.
There are many opportunities available for you within Places Leisure. Your career with us as a Gymnastics Instructor is a great first step to many different routes including a Trampoline Instructor and a Gymnastics Head Coach.
In the Gymnastics Instructor role, we will offer ongoing training and development opportunities, including support with your Gymnastics Instructor qualifications and much more.
More about you
- Passionate about helping people of all ages learn or improve on their Gymnastics skills.
- You will work with customers in groups and sometimes on a one-to-one basis to motivate and instruct them during their lessons.
- You will use your positive energy and enthusiasm to assist the Head Gymnastics Coach in preparing engaging and fun lesson plans.
- You will be a friendly, approachable, and patient individual with the ability to build trust, encourage and motivate your students.
- You will thrive on supporting students to achieve their potential, drawing on your continual knowledge and experience of industry best practice whilst applying teaching skills in the most effective way.
- Always looking to seek out development opportunities and potential ideas to further improve the service we provide.
- Work as a team to keep our facilities clean and safe, adhering to regulations and our company procedures. Our teams maintain consistent standards; therefore, you will want to be your best, in everything you do.
We are a large, diverse and ambitious business, which will give you all the challenge you could wish for.
We know that there's always more we can do to make you smile, that's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package with each role, yours will include:
- We align with the Real Living Wage foundation
- Full Health & Fitness membership for you, a nominated adult and up to 4 juniors
- Flexible working (including part time working, shift work and more)
- An opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Lots of opportunity to access ongoing personal learning and development
- Access to our Company Pension scheme
- Cashback plan for healthcare costs – up to £500 saving per year
- Discounts of up to 50% on activities, centre shop and cafes
- Extra perks including huge discounts and offers from shops, cinemas and much more.
If you meet the criteria and are ready to make the next step in your career then click apply. You will be redirected to our careers site where you can discover more about the role, read a full job description and apply directly to us.