STUDENT PLACEMENT - Casino Operations Manager - NATIONWIDE
Are you an enthusiastic individual looking for an immersive placement? Do you want something different from the boring 9-5?
Genting Casinos is on a mission to unearth the next generation of casino talent, and we are delighted to be launching our first-ever student placement scheme! We are looking for enthusiastic undergraduate students in the third (sandwich) year of their degree to explore and discover the world of casino management.
This is not just any placement scheme; we are committed to providing you with a 360° view of our business, gearing you up with the skills and knowledge you need to take on a management position.
This will be an operational role and you will be focusing on learning all about the casino environment and the departments within our casinos. From the cash desk and slots to live gaming and hospitality, you will get an immersive experience within the casino environment. You will learn and understand how to manage a team effectively whilst ensuring we provide a safe and secure environment for our customers and colleagues alike. You will be responsible for driving our safer gambling commitment and maintaining our reputation. You will also have the opportunity to explore some of the support functions which are essential in ensuring a smooth operation.
Key skills and responsibilities include:
- Enthusiastic with a desire to learn.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as on an individual basis.
- Undertake gaming training (provided by Genting) and use mathematic skills.
- A commitment to continuous personal development.
- Dedicated to immersing yourself in the scheme.
- A passion for great customer service.
- Due to the nature of our business and to comply with gaming regulations, all applicants must be 18+ and would be subject to a DBS (criminal record check).
- A PML (Personal Management License) will be required, but we will support you with this process. In return for your commitment, we offer an excellent salary, development opportunities and a wide range of employee benefits – read more details below.
WHAT WE OFFER
As well as an excellent salary, we are dedicated to providing our colleagues with a vast range of benefits including:
- Private GP helpline.
- Discount portal for popular retailers, restaurants, leisure and more.
- Pension scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Employee assistance programme – a confidential helpline providing 24/7 advice and counselling whatever the issue.
- 20% discounted gym membership.
- Mental health support.
- Family-friendly and wellbeing policies.
Flexible benefits* – designed for employees to choose the best package for their personal needs.
- Health Cash Plan (level 1 is company funded).
- Critical illness cover.
- Dental insurance.
- Travel insurance.
Rewards, recognition, development, and events
- Career development opportunities.
- Genting Academy – online learning portal.
- Long service awards.
- Staff social fund.
- Annual company Christmas present.
- A range of social engagement activities such as a company-wide pub quiz, Croupier of the Year Awards, and a 5-a-side football tournament.
*Subject to eligibility.
Genting Casinos is one of the UK’s most popular leisure businesses and is proud to deliver outstanding service to our customers in our casinos nationwide. As part of the Genting Group, which employs 62,000 people worldwide, we are passionate about our values and providing our colleagues and customers with a fantastic experience.