Runner Runner Restaurant - Centre Point Contract: Permanent
Salary: Up to 13 per hour inclusive of OTE
Ranked as one of the world’s Top Ten Best Restaurants by The New York Times, Din Tai Fung's roots date back to Taiwan over 60 years ago.
Founded by Mr Bingyi Yang in 1958, the brand started as a cooking oil retail business, before re-inventing itself in 1972 into a full-fledged restaurant retailing our now world-famous Xiao Long Bao (Steamed Pork Dumplings).
We’re a celebrated international brand with 175+ restaurants worldwide. Our philosophy is to offer the best in service, quality, and gourmet food to all our customers. Consistency throughout our worldwide branches remains an important feature for Din Tai Fung.
Din Tai Fung are looking for friendly, respectful and committed individuals to join our award-winning global brand.
Showcase your passion for culinary excellence on a world-class stage and help create memorable guest experiences through stellar customer service, craftsmanship and communications.
Our brand has a strong heritage, yet is always evolving, and we provide various opportunities to learn, develop and grow.
We celebrate diversity in all forms so come as you are with your own experience and personality.
- Up to 30% off dining across UK Din Tai Fung Restaurants
- Birthday dining gift vouchers and your birthday off guaranteed
Look After Yourself
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to Financial Advice
- Nutritious meals whilst on duty
- Access to our fantastic L&D Calendar
- A personalized learning & development plan to develop your skills and knowledge
- Career progression with a fast-growing, critically acclaimed restaurant group
- Additional paid holiday for every year with us (rising to 32 days per year)
- Employee referral scheme - paying up to £1000 per referral
- Staff parties & long service awards
- Bonus Scheme
*no experience required
As a Food Runner, you will be responsible for bringing our world-class food and drinks to our guests with exceptional standards of service. Additionally, will be tasked with ad-hoc responsibilities that support the FOH operation. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for their first role in hospitality.
The successful candidate will be committed to delivering excellent service with a passion for hospitality. Your job responsibilities will include;
• Serving world-famous dishes to guests in a high-volume restaurant following our exact standards
• Present dishes with correct service language
• Handle take-away orders (processing, packaging & delivery to drivers)
• Contribute to the guest experience by supporting the restaurant team with ad hoc tasks such as (preparation of condiments, polishing cutlery, refilling & restocking service stations)
• Remove glasses, plates & cutleries from table when no longer required by guest
• Table setting and clearing
• Communicate with floor team any guest’s requests
• Confidently handle delivery of food to guests with allergy/dietary requirements