Night Porter (9 pm - 5 am) - Horley
Night Porter (9 pm - 5 am)
We are an award-winning, high fiving, people loving, training leading, independent wine bar and kitchen! We are looking for an experienced and energetic Night Porter in our venue at Gatwick Airport.
A Vagabond Night Porter is a machine, not just any old machine, they are the machine of all machines. They'll be in charge of receiving and putting away the night deliveries and they also are responsible for the effective background running of our kitchens, ensuring hygiene standards are hit, worktops, equipment and other utensils are clean and the kitchen is set up for the opening.
This venue offers breakfast lunch and dinner options throughout the day. Alongside this, we will have a delicious array of cocktails, spirits, beers, wines and soft drinks, all geared towards ensuring every guest enjoys their visit in a relaxed yet fast paced environment.
Alongside this we will have a delicious array of cocktails, spirits, beers, wines and soft drinks, all geared towards ensuring every guest enjoys their visit in a relaxed yet fast paced environment.
Gatwick is one of the busiest and most vibrant airports in the world and so the opportunity to work here and open this new venture is one not to be missed. We are seeking to hear from self motivated and out of the box thinking Night Porter.
If you would like to find out more, please get in touch with us!
What we can offer you:
- £950 to spend on your mental and physical wellbeing every year
- A benefits package like no other, including half price cinema tickets, discounted holidays, shopping and gym memberships
- Free meals on every shift you work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training and development within a structured career path, with 100's of online and classroom lead courses
- Amazing discounts on our wines and beer
- Employee assistance programme
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to grow and progress your career
Our guests overall experience is in your hands and as such we are looking for team members who are:
- Ability to communicate with the Kitchen Managers, Cooks and customers
- Thorough attention to detail, excellent time management and critical thinking skills
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen safety and health regulations
- Excellent stamina to work long hours
- Excellent stress management skills
- Teamwork skills to collaborate with colleagues
- Receiving night deliveries and organising them in the kitchen
- Kitchen cleaning and preperation
- Cleaning and sterilising countertops, kitchen walls, stoves, ovens, grills and sinks
- Washing and drying of kitchen pots and utensils
- Removing kitchen waste from waste containers and disposing of them properly
- Work in accordance with all company policies and Health & Safety
Any relevant qualifications such as Food Safety Level 2 are advantageous but not essential.
If you are interested then apply today, we would love to hear from you!