Wine Advisor - London
We are an award-winning, high fiving, people loving, training leading, independent wine bar and kitchen!
If you love wine, and want a career in the industry, or if you love talking to people and want to learn about wine - there is no better place to start than at Vagabond Wines.
A Vagabond Wine Advisor is someone who never has enough space for food in their fridge or every glass of wine is a blind tasting. Are you ready to uncork some fun and pour out good vibes? Welcome to the Wine Advisor role, where enthusiasm and a love for all things grape are the only prerequisites!
We offer 100+ delicious wines by the glass, available to sample and explore via our bespoke wine dispensers, a seasonal sharing menu and our very own, very cool, urban winery in Battersea Power Station where we make English wines.
At the heart of our stores are of course people who through their vibrancy & energy bring our wines to life. All levels of wine knowledge are open to apply. If you just know you like it but don't have the formal training, don't worry; we offer great training opportunities. If you're looking for a role where you can inspire, engage and have fun as part of a team, this is the job for you!
What we can offer you:
- £950 to spend on your mental and physical wellbeing every year
- A benefits package like no other, including half price cinema tickets, discounted holidays, shopping and gym memberships
- Free meals on every shift you work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training and development within a structured career path, with 100's of online and classroom lead courses
- Amazing discounts on our wines and beer
- Employee assistance programme
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to grow and progress your career
There are a wealth of career opportunities within Vagabond as we grow, the Wine advisors we hire today will be developed into the General Managers of tomorrow.
Every successful Wine Advisor candidate will have the opportunity to take WSET Levels 1 & 2 in the course of their training, totally funded by us, and our highly developed training platform helps ensure you are always learning and developing new skills.
- Interacting with & guiding our guests
- Serving drinks & foods to tables
- Advising and upselling on our products
- Clearing tables and keeping the venue clean
- Entertaining both guests and other team members
- Maintaining our machines and ensuring smooth service throughout
- Being a total legend
If you are interested in being part of the team, please get in touch with your CV today!
2019 IWC Wine Awards - Innovator of the Year
UK's 50 Best Indies 2018, Harpers - Winner
2018 Decanter Retailer Awards - Innovator of the Year, Winner
Small Chain of the Year Finalist 2018, Drinks Retailing Awards - Finalist
UK's 50 Best Indies 2017, Harpers - Top 3