Shift Leader - Stewarding
The Peninsula London is pleased to announce that we are seeking Shift Leaders within our Back of House department, reporting to the Assistant Back of House Manager. This is a crucial supervisory position within an exceptionally busy department; one recognized as the backbone of any successful operation. Overall responsibility to provide leadership and support a team towards achieving exceptionally high standards of service in all areas.
- An exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile flagship hotel in London
- Market-leading remuneration, service charge, and attractive benefits
- Join our award-winning group, working alongside a highly experienced team
- This position will deputize in the absence of the Assistant Back of House manager, responsible for the efficient operations, (with a focus on cleanliness, cost-control, department support, and guest satisfaction).
- Supervising the standards of cleanliness, rules, and regulations, legislation, health and safety, emergency response, and standard operating procedures. Compliant with HACCP
- Supervise not only the internal team but all contracted back-of-house services and cleaning of the hotel and residences, including chemical suppliers, and ensuring safe working practices.
- Conduct and manage monthly inventory and control stores of the Food and Beverage OS,&E (Operating supplies and equipment), the hotel’s CGS, China, Glassware and Silverware) and F&B cleaning supplies to maintain par levels, manage quality, breakage costs and loss.
- Experience within Stewarding/Back-of-House operations with proven responsibility for cleanliness, legislation, health and safety and financial cost control.
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership responsibility within a luxury hotel environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, highly adaptable, naturally positive.
- Fluent English communication proficiency
At the Peninsula London, we look after:
Your financial wellbeing:
Your medical care:
Your daily health routine:
State of the art heart of house facilities including a gym, fitness classes, relaxation room, contemplation room and nursing mothers’ room
Colleague restaurant with healthy and balanced 24/7 food offerings
On-site occupational health and safety nurse and wellbeing education sessions
High street and online shopping discounts
Rewards and recognition initiatives
Dry cleaning for uniforms and work attire
We are delighted to receive your CV and will liaise with suitable candidates directly.
Ideally situated in the heart of Belgravia, with views over Hyde Park Corner and Wellington Arch, The Peninsula London occupies one of the city’s most prestigious addresses. The newly built hotel, impeccably designed to harmonise with surrounding heritage buildings is just moments away from the city’s most iconic attractions, including Three Royal Parks, Buckingham Palace, Harrods, and Big Ben. Its 190 light-filled guest rooms and suites have been exquisitely designed by Peter Marino; its gathering spaces include several world-class restaurants and bars, including Brooklands helmed by Michelin-starred Chef Director Claude Bosi; the idyllic Peninsula Spa, and a luxury retail arcade.