(Nights) F&B Supervisor / Order Taker - Room Service
The Peninsula London is delighted to announce that we are seeking a Food and Beverage Supervisor (Nights) to supervise our Room Service Department during night shifts. This position is predominantly to supervise each night service and shift alongside being responsible for taking dining orders from guests. This Room Service guest experience is critical to the success of any guest stay, providing unobtrusive yet high levels of dining service within the guests’ private rooms. Having a great knowledge of the menu and the ingredients and being able to interact with the guest to provide friendly and tailored service is a true talent. Our guests often choose to relax in the comfort of their own rooms or benefit from the privacy that In Room Dining can offer whilst not compromising on the standard and service levels they come to expect from The Peninsula Hotels.
- An exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile flagship hotel in London
- Market-leading remuneration, service charge, and attractive benefits
- Join our award-winning group, working alongside a highly experienced team
- Responsible for all activities related to order-taking service at night; not limited to taking the order but also preparation, delegation to the team, training, and high-performance levels. Use the POS, (Point of Sales system) for orders and guest preferences.
- Be knowledgeable of all food and beverage items and the ingredients to be able to discuss this with guests as required with a special focus on allergens.
- Offering a consistent service with continued participation in product awareness, and training activities and actively involved with tastings. Often carrying out the training with the team is also required.
- Taking responsibility for receiving and acting on guest feedback accordingly.
- Required to ensure the cleanliness and maintenance, (including health and safety compliance) of all in-room dining equipment, ensuring that produce mise en place is done for services and products are of high quality.
- Good knowledge of food and beverage with experience within Room Service and/or Restaurant service within a hotel environment preferred.
- Hospitality-related training required.
- Friendly and positive with the confidence to lead a team.
- Excellent time management and organization, and highly adaptable.
- Flexibility and capability of working under pressure.
At the Peninsula London, we look after:
Your financial wellbeing:
- Excellent salary package
- Generous service charge distributed equitably to all colleagues
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced company contribution on pension plan
Your medical care:
- Medical cash plans including optical and dental coverage
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave plan
Your daily health routine:
- State of the art heart of house facilities including a gym, fitness classes, relaxation room, contemplation room and nursing mothers’ room
- Colleague restaurant with healthy and balanced 24/7 food offerings
- On-site occupational health and safety nurse and wellbeing education sessions
- High street and online shopping discounts
- Rewards and recognition initiatives
- Dry cleaning for uniforms and work attire
We are delighted to receive your CV and will liaise with suitable candidates directly.