Dry Cleaner - Presser
The Peninsula London is pleased to announce that we are seeking a Dry Cleaner / Presser that will report to the Wardrobe supervisor within the laundry department. This position will support the laundry operations with hotel linen, guest, residents, and colleagues’ laundry, and follow up both internally and with external providers. There is an element of Dry Cleaning and Pressing which is very technical, requiring attention to detail and fabric knowledge.
We aim to ensure that all people feel like they belong and can have the ultimate experience, and service with a personalized and attentive dedicated team to look after them. Offering a high level of laundry services at The Peninsula London will only add to the level of high-quality services we offer our colleagues and guests that they can then attribute to being synonymous with our brand.
- An exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile flagship hotel in London
- Market-leading remuneration, service charge, and attractive benefits (Full Time & Part Time Opportunities available)
- Join our award-winning group, working alongside a highly experienced team
- Coordinate hotel linen, guest, and staff laundry (including Residences) with internal and external laundry service providers, with proper, follow-up on all job orders pertaining to process, quality, discrepancies, and defects.
- Provide dry-cleaning services and at times pressing services, on all internal and external laundry services, with timely follow-up, with an aim to deliver ambitious standards of service in all areas.
- Keep control of right wash cycles along with dry cleaning programs. Advise mid-management of any challenges regarding fabric discoloration, feel, quality and errors while handling the guest/staff laundry. Assist in always maintaining a clean laundry. Assist with machine cleaning prior to the end of each shift.
- Establish proper coordination on all engineering job orders relating to dry cleaning machines or any of the pressing machines. Any lost and found articles from guest/staff laundry to be highlighted to security with proper logs.
- Laundry operations including pressing skills, and dry-cleaning skills with proven experience essential for a min of 1 year.
- Passion and appreciation of quality luxury hotel service with exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organization, highly adaptable, naturally positive.
- Flexibility and capability of working under pressure.
At the Peninsula London, we look after:
Your financial wellbeing:
Your medical care:
Medical cash plans including optical and dental coverage
Enhanced maternity and paternity leave plan
Workplace nursery salary exchange program
Your daily health routine:
State of the art heart of house facilities including a gym, fitness classes, relaxation room, contemplation room and nursing mothers’ room
Colleague restaurant with healthy and balanced 24/7 food offerings
On-site occupational health and safety nurse and wellbeing education sessions
High street and online shopping discounts
Rewards and recognition initiatives
Dry cleaning for uniforms and work attire
We are delighted to receive your CV and will liaise with suitable candidates directly.
Ideally situated in the heart of Belgravia, with views over Hyde Park Corner and Wellington Arch, The Peninsula London occupies one of the city’s most prestigious addresses. The newly built hotel, impeccably designed to harmonise with surrounding heritage buildings is just moments away from the city’s most iconic attractions, including Three Royal Parks, Buckingham Palace, Harrods, and Big Ben. Its 190 light-filled guest rooms and suites have been exquisitely designed by Peter Marino; its gathering spaces include several world-class restaurants and bars, including Brooklands helmed by Michelin-starred Chef Director Claude Bosi; the idyllic Peninsula Spa, and a luxury retail arcade.