Cigar Lounge Attendant - Tasting Room
The Peninsula London is excited to announce that we are seeking a Cigar Lounge Attendant to work within our Cigar Lounge and Tasting Room and report to the Tasting Room Manager, this critical role will drive operational excellence, while ensuring a personalised and engaging luxury experience.
- This is an exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile flagship hotel in London
- Market-leading remuneration, service charges, and attractive benefits
- Join our award-winning group, working alongside a highly experienced team
- Perform a friendly yet discreet and unobtrusive service in greeting and waiting on all guests.
- Understand and accurately follow the standard of a sequence of service.
- Ensure the consistency of the correct service techniques when selling, packing, lighting, and serving a cigar.
- Understand all food and beverage items ordered, including ingredients, methods of preparation, and proper service.
- Maintain all cigar storage areas, including lockers to the correct air quality, temperature, and humidity.
- Ensure usage of all food and beverage items and appropriate usage of cigar equipment, tools, and service equipment.
- Utilize the POS system as per policies and procedures in place.
- Observe and maintain the daily condition of all physical facilities and equipment in the Tasting Room and Humidor and make recommendations for corrections and improvement as needed.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training.
- Support the development of a cigar culture within The Peninsula London.
- Good knowledge of food and beverage with an understanding and passion of the London Cigar market and service.
- At least a year within a Cigar-related business.
- Relevant and related hospitality and cigar skills and studies. Additional languages are an advantage.
- Friendly and positive with a flexible approach and ability to work under pressure.
At the Peninsula London, we look after:
Your financial wellbeing:
- Excellent salary package
- Generous service charge distributed equitably to all colleagues
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced company contribution on pension plan
Your medical care:
- Medical cash plans including optical and dental coverage
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave plan
Your daily health routine:
- State of the art heart of house facilities including a gym, fitness classes, relaxation room, contemplation room and nursing mothers’ room
- Colleague restaurant with healthy and balanced 24/7 food offerings
- On-site occupational health and safety nurse and wellbeing education sessions
- High street and online shopping discounts
- Rewards and recognition initiatives
- Dry cleaning for uniforms and work attire
We are delighted to receive your CV and will liaise with suitable candidates directly.
Ideally situated in the heart of Belgravia, with views over Hyde Park Corner and Wellington Arch, The Peninsula London occupies one of the city’s most prestigious addresses. The newly built hotel, impeccably designed to harmonise with surrounding heritage buildings is just moments away from the city’s most iconic attractions, including Three Royal Parks, Buckingham Palace, Harrods, and Big Ben. Its 190 light-filled guest rooms and suites have been exquisitely designed by Peter Marino; its gathering spaces include several world-class restaurants and bars, including Brooklands helmed by Michelin-starred Chef Director Claude Bosi; the idyllic Peninsula Spa, and a luxury retail arcade.