The Peninsula London is seeking to hire a skilled French Polisher who will take pride in ensuring the good maintenance and repairs of all of the Hotel and the Residences woodworks finishes through carrying out day to day tasks and projects, both in planned and reactive maintenance.
We take pride in recruiting our talent from diverse and inclusive backgrounds as we strive to create a family oriented and mixed workforce.
- New build, ultra-luxury property designed with sustainability excellence to ensure the building is operating with high energy efficiency.
- An exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile flagship hotel in London.
- Market leading remuneration, service charge and attractive benefits
- Ensure preventive and reactive maintenance tasks are performed according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and correctly recorded.
- Repair all aspects of the Hotel interior and exterior wood works, furniture and fixtures, walls, floors, doors with a variety of finishes liaising with carpenter as required to match existing finish.
- Attend to varnishing of items such as doors, windows, timber panels and furniture.
- Carry out spray painting of equipment, furniture or related surfaces as required.
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role within a similar environment.
- Trade certified with experience in working with all types of wood and their surface finishes.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good problem-solving skills, organised and detail oriented with a sense of creativity.
- Fluent English communication proficiency.
At the Peninsula London, we look after:
Your financial wellbeing:
- Excellent salary package
- Generous service charge distributed equitably to all colleagues
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced company contribution on pension plan
Your medical care:
- Medical cash plans including optical and dental coverage
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave plan
Your daily health routine:
- State of the art heart of house facilities including a gym, fitness classes, relaxation room, contemplation room and nursing mothers’ room
- Colleague restaurant with healthy and balanced 24/7 food offerings
- On-site occupational health and safety nurse and wellbeing education sessions
- High street and online shopping discounts
- Rewards and recognition initiatives
- Dry cleaning for uniforms and work attire
We are delighted to receive your CV and will liaise with suitable candidates directly.
Ideally situated in the heart of Belgravia, with views over Hyde Park Corner and Wellington Arch, The Peninsula London occupies one of the city’s most prestigious addresses. The newly built hotel, impeccably designed to harmonise with surrounding heritage buildings is just moments away from the city’s most iconic attractions, including Three Royal Parks, Buckingham Palace, Harrods, and Big Ben. Its 190 light-filled guest rooms and suites have been exquisitely designed by Peter Marino; its gathering spaces include several world-class restaurants and bars, including Brooklands helmed by Michelin-starred Chef Director Claude Bosi; the idyllic Peninsula Spa, and a luxury retail arcade.