Valet Attendant / Marker
The Peninsula London is delighted to announce that we are seeking a Valet Attendant (Marker) that will report to the Wardrobe supervisor within the laundry department. This position will support the laundry operations with hotel linen, guest laundry markings, residents, and colleagues’ laundry, and follow up both internally and with external providers.
We aim to ensure that all people feel like they belong and can have the ultimate experience, and service with a personalized and attentive dedicated team to look after them. Offering a high level of laundry services at The Peninsula London will only add to the level of high-quality services we offer our colleagues and guests that they can then attribute to being synonymous with our brand.
- An exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile flagship hotel in London
- Market-leading remuneration, service charge, and attractive benefits (Full Time & Part Time Opportunities available)
- Join our award-winning group, working alongside a highly experienced team
- Coordinate hotel linen, guest, and staff laundry with internal and external laundry service providers, with proper, follow-up on all job orders pertaining to process, quality, discrepancies, and defects.
- Ensure proper book-keeping and records of all laundry services. Execute daily checks on uniforms, linen, and guest laundry, with RFID inventory to avoid discrepancies and with a focus on quality.
- Keep control of the right wash cycles. Advise supervisors of any challenges regarding fabric discoloration, feel, quality and errors while handling the guest/colleague laundry. Assist in always maintaining a clean laundry. Assist with machine cleaning prior to the end of each shift.
- Assist wardrobe supervisor with monthly inventory of uniforms, chemicals, machines, cleaning supplies, maintenance, attic stock and assists in controlling expenses of the department.
- Laundry operations including high-quality fabric/linen experience and/or Dry Cleaning.
- Passion and appreciation of quality luxury hotel service with exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organization, highly adaptable, naturally positive.
- Flexibility and capability of working under pressure.
At the Peninsula London, we look after:
Your financial wellbeing:
Your medical care:
Your daily health routine:
State of the art heart of house facilities including a gym, fitness classes, relaxation room, contemplation room and nursing mothers’ room
Colleague restaurant with healthy and balanced 24/7 food offerings
On-site occupational health and safety nurse and wellbeing education sessions
High street and online shopping discounts
Rewards and recognition initiatives
Dry cleaning for uniforms and work attire
We are delighted to receive your CV and will liaise with suitable candidates directly.
Ideally situated in the heart of Belgravia, with views over Hyde Park Corner and Wellington Arch, The Peninsula London occupies one of the city’s most prestigious addresses. The newly built hotel, impeccably designed to harmonise with surrounding heritage buildings is just moments away from the city’s most iconic attractions, including Three Royal Parks, Buckingham Palace, Harrods, and Big Ben. Its 190 light-filled guest rooms and suites have been exquisitely designed by Peter Marino; its gathering spaces include several world-class restaurants and bars, including Brooklands helmed by Michelin-starred Chef Director Claude Bosi; the idyllic Peninsula Spa, and a luxury retail arcade.