Chef de Partie - Pastry
The Peninsula London is excited to announce we are seeking a Chef de Partie to work within the pastry and bakery department, supporting the Sous Chef, and Chocolatier, and assisting to guide the team in this busy and highly demanding position. The Peninsula Hotels are renowned for their food and beverage offerings and service, alongside creativity and combining the best ingredients with tradition and innovation. The Pastry, Bakery, and Chocolate contribution to the F&B experience is fundamental and highly regarded, creating memorable tasting experiences.
- An exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile flagship hotel in London
- Market-leading remuneration, service charge, and attractive benefits
- Join our award-winning group, working alongside a highly experienced team
- Assisting with the day-to-day management of the operations including the rosters, assigning duties, and giving the team the opportunity to attend activities and training.
- Supervising, managing, and guiding a team and allocating work to them according to skill level and then planning training and initiatives for them to grow and improve.
- Check orders, and requisitions against budgeted costs.
- Maintain technical worksheets, recipes, and costings are up to date.
- Ensuring health and hygiene procedures alongside health and safety requirements are met.
- Extensive technical, current culinary trends knowledge, and a high level of creativity.
- Experience of approx. 3 years within a 5*hotel, pastry section, or bakery, restaurant, (or similar) and managing or supervising a team.
- Previous relevant culinary qualifications or certifications.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, highly adaptable, naturally positive.
- Good communication skills, flexibility, and capability of working under pressure.
At the Peninsula London, we look after:
Your financial wellbeing:
Your medical care:
Your daily health routine:
State of the art heart of house facilities including a gym, fitness classes, relaxation room, contemplation room and nursing mothers’ room
Colleague restaurant with healthy and balanced 24/7 food offerings
On-site occupational health and safety nurse and wellbeing education sessions
High street and online shopping discounts
Rewards and recognition initiatives
Dry cleaning for uniforms and work attire
We are delighted to receive your CV and will liaise with suitable candidates directly.
Ideally situated in the heart of Belgravia, with views over Hyde Park Corner and Wellington Arch, The Peninsula London occupies one of the city’s most prestigious addresses. The newly built hotel, impeccably designed to harmonise with surrounding heritage buildings is just moments away from the city’s most iconic attractions, including Three Royal Parks, Buckingham Palace, Harrods, and Big Ben. Its 190 light-filled guest rooms and suites have been exquisitely designed by Peter Marino; its gathering spaces include several world-class restaurants and bars, including Brooklands helmed by Michelin-starred Chef Director Claude Bosi; the idyllic Peninsula Spa, and a luxury retail arcade.