BBQ Chef de Partie - Canton Blue - London
The Peninsula London is excited to announce that we are seeking a BBQ Chef de Partie for our Cantonese Restaurant, reporting to the BBQ Chef. This position will have a great passion for quality Asian food and ingredients and being able to work flexibly within a kitchen brigade. This role is critical to the delivery of quality BBQ & Duck offerings. This position may be required to prepare and serve orders in person, contributing to memorable guest service experiences.
On the ground floor, Canton Blue, the hotel’s innovative Chinese restaurant, will celebrate the spice-trade union of Asian and British cultures with menus of creative dishes by Chef Dicky To, along with cocktails, and artisanal teas.
- An exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile flagship hotel in London
- Market-leading remuneration, service charge, and attractive benefits
- Join our award-winning group, working alongside a highly experienced team
- Promote The Peninsula London in becoming a recognized culinary destination by creating memorable guest experiences through artistry, communication with customers and uncompromised passion for excellence.
- Handle BBQ food with great consistency at the assigned service position and handle VIP’s orders.
- Assist the BBQ Chef in administering the duty schedules (including closing procedures), supervise and allocate work to colleagues according to their knowledge and skill level, provide training or guidelines whenever necessary
- Working within a team to support the overall service.
- Good Cantonese BBQ food cooking techniques experience. Good understanding of culinary trends and good quality food ingredients.
- Previous experience in the same/similar position within a face-paced, high volume yet fine dining, quality restaurant or banquets.
- Friendly and positive with a flexible approach and an appetite to learn.
- Ability to work under pressure.
At the Peninsula London, we look after:
Your financial wellbeing:
- Excellent salary package
- Generous service charge distributed equitably to all colleagues
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced company contribution on pension plan
Your medical care:
- Medical cash plans including optical and dental coverage
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave plan
Your daily health routine:
- State of the art heart of house facilities including a gym, fitness classes, relaxation room, contemplation room and nursing mothers’ room
- Colleague restaurant with healthy and balanced 24/7 food offerings
- On-site occupational health and safety nurse and wellbeing education sessions
- High street and online shopping discounts
- Rewards and recognition initiatives
- Dry cleaning for uniforms and work attire
We are delighted to receive your CV and will liaise with suitable candidates directly.
Ideally situated in the heart of Belgravia, with views over Hyde Park Corner and Wellington Arch, The Peninsula London occupies one of the city’s most prestigious addresses. The newly built hotel, impeccably designed to harmonise with surrounding heritage buildings is just moments away from the city’s most iconic attractions, including Three Royal Parks, Buckingham Palace, Harrods, and Big Ben. Its 190 light-filled guest rooms and suites have been exquisitely designed by Peter Marino; its gathering spaces include several world-class restaurants and bars, including Brooklands helmed by Michelin-starred Chef Director Claude Bosi; the idyllic Peninsula Spa, and a luxury retail arcade.