Director of Housekeeping
The Peninsula London is pleased to announce we are seeking a seasoned Director of Housekeeping to take on an a role that will oversee all housekeeping & laundry operations across the Hotel.
- An exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile flagship hotel in London
- Market-leading remuneration, service charge, and attractive benefits
- Join our award-winning group, working alongside a highly experienced team
- Ensures colleague engagement with a consistent focus through strong mentorship, coaching, and presence, and assures accountability across both the Housekeeping and Laundry departments.
- Inspects hotel rooms, public and heart of the house areas, to ensure hotel areas are always clean and well-maintained and participates in Hotel Walkthroughs to ensure the condition of all hotel areas are to Peninsula Standard.
- Liaises with the Front Office Team to ensure all rooms are ready upon arrival.
- Oversees all contracts for all public area cleaning, chemical suppliers for both room and heart of house areas and retail spaces.
- Manages the hotel laundry and uniform operation and the hotel Floral Program ensuring quality, presentation and cost objectives are met.
- Supports the Director of Residences with housekeeping requests of tenants and provides support to the residence teams on an as-need basis.
- Is responsible for annual review and creation of Housekeeping Operating Budgets in accordance with hotel business plans and objectives and ensures the monthly and annual expense targets are met in line with forecasted revenues.
- Manages inventory of the hotel’s linen, amenities, OSE, CGS, guest and cleaning supplies to maintain par levels and manages quality, breakage, costs, and loss. Assures labour productivity levels and payroll expenses in accordance with budgetary guidelines and required service levels.
- Manages the hotel's waste removal and recycling programs and leads Vision 2030 Community and Social Responsibility Objectives for the Housekeeping Departments.
- Hires, develops, motivates, supervises and coaches department employees in maintaining a culture in compliance with mission, vision, values and cores principles HSH.
- Degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent (Ideal)
- Minimum of 8-10 years in a similar position (min. Director of Housekeeping) within a prestigious hotel
- Strong luxury and training service standards experience highly desirable
- Able to manage a large division in a fast-paced and sometimes highly stressful environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders including vendors
- Very strong analytical, financial and project coordination skills
- Experience working within the United Kingdom and within a luxury hotel is highly preferred
At the Peninsula London, we look after:
Your financial wellbeing:
- Excellent salary package
- Generous service charge distributed equitably to all colleagues
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced company contribution on pension plan
Your medical care:
- Medical cash plans including optical and dental coverage
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave plan
Your daily health routine:
- State of the art heart of house facilities including a gym, fitness classes, relaxation room, contemplation room and nursing mothers’ room
- Colleague restaurant with healthy and balanced 24/7 food offerings
- On-site occupational health and safety nurse and wellbeing education sessions
- High street and online shopping discounts
- Rewards and recognition initiatives
- Dry cleaning for uniforms and work attire
We are delighted to receive your CV and will liaise with suitable candidates directly.