Director of Engineering
The Peninsula London is seeking to hire a Director of Engineering to join our Executive Leadership Team. The successful candidate will have a strong experience in leading a large and diverse team across multiple specialist trades responsible for all operations and maintenance of all facilities; equipment, machinery, landscaping and building services in order to achieve guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction and provide a safe and well maintained environment.
- An exceptional opportunity to join our high-profile flagship hotel in London.
- The Peninsula Hotels espouses luxury service, dedication to our customers and commitment to our employees.
- Join our award-winning group, working alongside a highly experienced team.
- Direct the overall operation of the engineering department
- Develop, plan, execute annual capital expenditure budgets in order to maintain acceptable hotel condition and achieve incremental revenue increases.
- Formulate and implement cost reduction schemes to achieve budgets and manage unaccounted expenses
- Establish a workable solution in realizing an efficient, economical and sustainable generation and utilization of energy and other utility resources.
- Implement the rules and regulations of the hotel and ensures that the hotel's and company's policies and procedures are being followed at all times
- Hire, develop, motivate, supervise and coach departmental employees by maintaining a culture of compliance and upholds the HSH values and core principles
- Minimum 6 years in a similar role within luxury hotels.
- Pre-opening of a 5-star, highly specified and complex hotel operation.
- Strong team leader, self-starter, problem-solving skills, analytical, detailed and result oriented.
- Fluent English communication proficiency.
- Strong experience in engineering operations (including fire life safety systems).
- Adept with managing departmental finances and cost control.
At the Peninsula London, we look after:
Your financial wellbeing:
- Excellent salary package
- Generous service charge distributed equitably to all colleagues
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced company contribution on pension plan
Your medical care:
- Medical cash plans including optical and dental coverage
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave plan
Your daily health routine:
- State of the art heart of house facilities including a gym, fitness classes, relaxation room, contemplation room and nursing mothers’ room
- Colleague restaurant with healthy and balanced 24/7 food offerings
- On-site occupational health and safety nurse and wellbeing education sessions
- High street and online shopping discounts
- Rewards and recognition initiatives
- Dry cleaning for uniforms and work attire
We are delighted to receive your CV and will liaise with suitable candidates directly.