Centre Manager - Duxbury Park Golf Course - Chorley, Lancashire
Salary: £34,000 - £36,000 (depending on skills and experience)
Duxbury Park Golf Course, Chorley
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a market leader committed to providing a diverse and meaningful range of leisure and culture-related activities for the local communities in which we serve. Located in Chorley, Duxbury Park is much more than just a golf venue. We have an 18-hole golf course which is laid out over 120 acres of beautiful rolling Lancashire countryside and is regarded as one of the best public courses in the North West. We also have a clubhouse, 9-bay driving range, 12-hole adventure golf course with kids play area and walled garden areas.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, the Centre Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the management of the golf centre, managing a team of staff, ensuring customer service and developing the overall financial performance and profitability of the business.
- We are looking for a Centre Manager to take overall responsibility for the effective management and operation of Duxbury Park, ensuring that the business is driven forward through maximising income opportunities whilst managing operational costs
- A specific focus will be to ensure high standards of customer service and satisfaction are delivered whilst ensuring a safe and enjoyable use of the facilities
- This position would ideally suit an individual with a keen interest in golf and leisure, with some previous management experience and now looking to make their name by growing the reputation of the course.
- We are looking for a Centre Manager who is passionate about working in the Golf industry. They will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans and contribute fully to the effective running of the golf business
- The successful candidate will need to be flexible and reliable, possess good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team
- You will be required to work 40 hours per week which consists of some shift work and potentially weekends
- Ideally, you will have a recognised qualification in Golf Management or similar. You must demonstrate knowledge of the industry and have commercial and financial acumen.
What can Parkwood Leisure offer you?
- Free golf membership for you and a nominated person / Employee discount portal / Company sick pay / Career Progression and More!
How to Apply
- If you feel like you'd be successful in this role or are interested to know more, we'd love to hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV .
We are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.