Maintenance Engineer - Yorkshire / Derbyshire
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To ensure our members have an exceptional experience within our gyms, we pride ourselves on high standards of maintenance.
As a Maintenance Operative, you will undertake repairs and maintenance across our portfolio of gyms based across Yorkshire/North East, ensuring high quality workmanship and compliance.
- To carry out general repairs across all our clubs based across Yorkshire/North East
- To deliver planned preventative maintenance on site, including but not limited to proactive and reactive work
- To carry out minor plumbing including replacing taps, unblocking sinks and drains etc.
- To deal with repairs where necessary as instructed by facilities department
- To deal with minor electrical repairs and fixings
- General redecorating works
- General fault finding
- Regularly check internal & external areas of the gyms that may pose potential hazards and rectify
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be multi skilled across Plumbing (copper and PVC) carpentry and minor electrical works
- Be competent at basic building repairs and maintenance
- Have a knowledge of ventilation systems
- Be competent at redecoration and refurbishment works
- Be able to complete small plastering / wall damage works
- Be able to use small industrial/electrical/mechanical equipment
- Have a knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions
- Demonstrate literacy, numeracy and IT skills sufficient to use our Mainteno reporting system to effectively understand the daily workload
- Be physically fit as the role will require lifting, bending, stretching working at heights
- Have a clean driving license
Although the role is predominately Monday to Friday, due to the nature of the leisure industry you will be required to be on call outside of these hours including weekends to assist with any emergencies that may arise.
A company vehicle will be provided along with a competitive salary and company benefits, including free gym membership, pension and healthcare.