Head of Active and Wellbeing - Rochdale, Greater Manchester
Your Trust are excited to share two new exciting senior roles within our dynamic Charity. As our sector pivots towards being more health and wellbeing focussed we now have two opportunities available to help shape the work we do and how we deliver our services to support the people of Rochdale to be healthier, happier and more culturally rich. People are at the heart of what we do. We are passionate about this and want to build on what we have achieved and push ourselves to be better. To succeed, we know we need to adapt, so we have been challenging ourselves to be more collaborative with partners and communities, more environmentally sustainable, more diverse, and have greater impact. We care deeply about the communities we serve and we are determined to diversify our Teams so that they reflects our community better.
The Head of Active Health & Wellbeing will lead the strategic development, management, delivery and have overall financial responsibility of the Your Trust active health and wellbeing portfolio including delivering health, physical and community activities across the Borough of Rochdale and ensuring the wide range of programmes closely meet the needs of local communities, engage wider partners and stakeholders and closely align with the charity’s vision, priorities and objectives.
When you join Your Trust as Head of Active Health and Wellbeing you will be part of a charity based in Rochdale that aims to support every member of our diverse community to live their best life; inspiring them to be healthier, happier and creative people.
What’s in it for me?
As Head of Active Health and Wellbeing we can offer you:
Salary: Band 8a, £44,625 - £49,969 per annum (pro-rate for part time)
Hours: 37 hours per week
What do I need to have?
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject or qualified by experience
- Proven and successful experience of managing a physical activity, health or wellbeing service
- Experience of leadership and effective management of large budgets and programmes within tight financial circumstances and/or competing priorities
- Experience in a leadership role involving effective management of systems and policies
- Proven experience and evidence of leading change programmes
- Ability to develop, oversee and manage delivery of a full programme of active health and wellbeing projects
- Excellent understanding of best practice in relation to active health and wellbeing programmes
- Sound understanding of the barriers to participation in active health and wellbeing programmes
- Excellent communication; both oral and written including report writing and proof reading and excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
As an organisation we encourage an environment which is inclusive to all therefore we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and with all different kinds of life experiences.
If you have any interest in / or experience in any of the following: Sports Coach, Community Work, Health & Fitness, Customer Service then we would love to hear from you.
View the other role, Head of Leisure and Wellbeing here : https://www.leisurejobs.com/job/3900766/head-of-leisure-and-wellbeing-rochdale-greater-manchester
All applications must be made using the Your Trust Online Application Form as we do not accept CVs.
All positions are subject to a DBS Check appropriate to the role.