Sous Chef - Hotel Indigo Coventry
In the heart of Coventry’s city centre, you’ll find its latest gem, Hotel Indigo Coventry. As you would expect from a new boutique hotel, our 101 bedrooms are contemporary with a traditional twist and reflect the rich historic neighbourhood that Coventry has to offer.
When you step into our carefully designed rooms, you'll immediately feel a sense of tranquillity and it's the perfect place to unwind after a day of exploring the vibrant neighbourhood. Inspired by Coventry, patterns and tones are celebrated throughout. We have three unique room styles starting with The Spinning Wheel which has taken inspiration from the textile and bicycle industry, Motor City where historical and contemporary links can be explored as well as Reimagining & Regeneration where old and new sit side by side as best seen in the iconic cathedral.
Hotel Indigo Coventry is more than just a Hotel though; it’s also the home of Cogs Restaurant which celebrates only the very best artisan craft of the local area, giving guests a unique experience and an authentic taste of the neighbourhood. Enjoy flavour-driven menus and witness the passion as our brigade prepare your meals right before your eyes in our open-concept kitchen.
This could be your opportunity to work somewhere completely unique, somewhere where you can be yourself, talk about the stories of our wonderful neighbourhood and put your stamp on the ever-evolving brand that is Hotel Indigo.
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Sous Chef to join our brigade. We look for Sous Chefs who aspire to be our future Head Chefs and will therefore play a key role in the success of the brigade. We need someone who is ambitious, driven and motivated, with strong leadership skills who can assist in developing both the product and service. This role is challenging, but exceptionally rewarding, so you will be hard -working, focused, inspiring and encouraging. You will support the Group Head Chef and Head Chef with the day -to -day supervision of the Kitchen Team, you’ll fine tune not only your culinary skills, but your management one’s too. You’ll have vision and use your creative skills to assist in developing exciting new menu concepts for our guests to enjoy whilst ensuring all food is cooked and presented to specification whilst working to the highest of all Food Safety standards. You’ll need sharp communication skills to keep control with the ability to work well under pressure, supporting our Chef de Parties or Commis Chefs along the way.
The Ideal Candidate:
We’re looking for a Sous Chef to hit the ground running. You’ll display perseverance and have bags of experience working in fast -paced, luxury restaurants with top quality local ingredients. You’ll have a keen eye with meticulous detail for every plate you serve. You’ll be an ambitious and driven professional who is able to support the Head Chef in motivating the team as well as assist in the continuous improvement of both product and service. As a competent Junior Sous Chef ensuring you and your team have the highest of standards of cleanliness, food hygiene and health and safety, will be second nature to you. You’ll have your sights set on a Head Chef role so professional development will need to be a priority for you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
- Heavily discounted Staff Room Rates at all Castlebridge properties for you and your friends and family, so everyone can enjoy a break away. Rates start from £50 per night, with breakfast included.
- 50% off your bill when you dine in one of our Restaurants or Bars.
- Fully funded Apprenticeship programme to develop your career without a reduction in your pay.
- Cycle to work scheme " save up to 40% on a wide range of bikes.
- Healthcare Cash Plans - dental, optical, medical and more available from just £1 per week.
- Referral schemes for referring your friends or family to join our team.
- Flexible shift patterns and contracts available to suit your lifestyle, we are 24/7 operation, meaning shift patterns to suit everyone.
- Monthly colleague recognition through our 5-Star Service rewards programme and monetary rewards for long service milestones.
- Use of Wagestream financial wellbeing platform, allowing you to access your pay as and when you need it.
- Employee Assistance Programme " free, confidential advice available 24/7 to you.
- An internal communications hub which acts as our very own social media platform, connecting you to your colleagues and the wider group in seconds.