Club Head of Operations - Canary Wharf, London
Here at Virgin Active we can’t get enough of inspiring our members to live an active life, delivering amazing fitness experiences and service throughout our clubs. To do this, we recruit the very best Head of Operations to lead and motivate our club based team members in achieving operational success.
As a Head of Operations you will provide pro-active support to the General Manager and other club Heads of Department, taking a shared control and accountability of the club performance and culture. You will have direct accountability and responsibility for the core operations of the club; member service, brand standards, and member and team safety.
You will be an active member of the Experience Leadership team in our club, responsible for the building facility, ensuring our club is operating smoothly and that our members leave with a positive fitness experience.
You will also ensure all department are compliant with the customer journey expectations, and support your direct reports in the management of escalations, such as customer complaints, facilities management or people management issues.
Lastly, you will ensure strict adherence and compliance to all Health and Safety and Risk procedures throughout the club.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager looking to enhance their skills, deputising for the General Manager, and taking ownership of our club operation.
So what qualities does a Head of Operations need to join Virgin Active?
- You have significant operational experience within a customer facing environment, are confident with managing a P+L, and thrive when completing duty management shifts
- You are known for your friendly, calm and approachable nature with the ability to act quickly and effectively
- You have excellent attention to detail – nothing gets by without you noticing!
- You are a safety role model, driving excellent standards to keep our members safe
- You are confident in your leadership skills, and have experience of managing multiple team members, as well as recruitment, payroll and day to day management.
- You drive a culture of coaching, and encourage training and development on an ongoing basis
- You are a great communicator, and always willing to support both staff and members
- You will act as a member of one team with one goal, will always be yourself, and work hard. Most importantly, you dream big
- You are always looking for ways to learn and improve, to inspire people while having fun and doing the right thing