Swimming Teachers – Hounslow Borough
Swimming Teachers (Level 1) looking to become Level 2 qualified.
Job Type: Various contracts available, from full time to 0 hours. Working hours of 06:00-22:00
Salary: £11.95 per hour increasing to £18.98 once Level 2 qualified
Positions available across all 6 centres
About Lampton Group
Lampton Group was established by the London Borough of Hounslow in 2012 with the objective of trading local authority functions in order to generate financial surpluses and return those to the council. Our companies represent a bold, new and ambitious approach by a London Borough. It is made up of five distinct business areas:
Services. Recycle. Greenspace. Leisure. Homes.
Underpinning everything we do are our CORE values –
- Customer First
- One Team
Everything we do aims to align to our values and strategic ambitions.
About Lampton Leisure
We set established high standards with our exuberant, friendly, driven professional approach across all our sites in Brentford, Chiswick, Hanworth, Heston, Isleworth & Osterley.
Our leisure centres boast a full range of facilities including fitness studios, health suites, swimming pools, indoor & outdoor courts, pitches, tracks, and café facilities. It is our mission to provide inclusive and safe environments where we deliver supportive and professional services for all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to make a real difference and an enjoyable customer experience for all users of the Centre’s facilities.
Becoming Level 2 qualified
Assistant swim teachers with a Level 1 qualification who join Lampton Leisure will have the opportunity to complete fully funded Level 2 training, worth £775, after their probationary period. This will give the opportunity for any Level 1 qualified swimming teachers to gain valuable experience teaching, while developing their practical skills ahead of completing their Level 2 qualification.
We hold regular Level 2 swim courses throughout the year. Our next Level 2 training course will start on Monday 8th July at Hanworth Leisure Centre.
About the Job
Reporting to the Aquatics Manager and working under a Level 2 swimming Teacher, you will be supporting our swim school programme. You will be assisting swimming lessons across a range of ages and abilities under the Swim England ‘Learn to Swim’ programme.
As an Assistant Swimming Teacher you will be involved with the following:
- Assisting swimming lessons, ensuring classes commence and finish at the designated times
- Carry out various administrative tasks associated with the position such as class registers
- Continuous assessment of pupils using handheld devices alongside your Level 2 Swimming Teacher
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Safeguarding policy
- Work with customers in group and sometimes on a one-to-one basis to motivate and instruct them during their lessons.
The successful candidates will:
- Hold a ASA/Swim England Level 1 qualification
- Be passionate about helping people of all ages and backgrounds to learn to swim or become stronger, faster or more confident when swimming
- Have good communication skills, including listening, questioning, and delivering effective feedback, and the ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers, children, and their parents
- Be able to adapt to lesson plans over time following on from training and support from your Level 2 Teacher
In return Lampton Group will offer you
- Free Parking at all Leisure Centre Sites
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Free Gym Membership
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Pension Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Staff wellbeing services
- Flu Jabs
- Eye care vouchers and support towards glasses
Employee benefits portal
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric Car salary sacrifice scheme
Due to the needs of the business and the department, we may interview suitable candidates before the closing date. This job may also close early if a large number of applications are received. You are advised to submit your application as early as possible to avoid missing your chance to apply.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. Lampton Group is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. It replaces the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).