Health & Wellbeing Officer – Hounslow Borough
Salary: £29,700 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
About Lampton Group
Lampton Group was established by the London Borough of Hounslow in 2012 with the objective of trading local authority functions in order to generate financial surpluses and return those to the council. Our companies represent a bold, new and ambitious approach by a London Borough. It is made up of five distinct business areas:
Services. Recycle. Greenspace. Leisure. Homes.
Underpinning everything we do are our CORE values –
- Customer First
- One Team
Everything we do aims to align to our values and strategic ambitions.
About Lampton Leisure
We set established high standards with our exuberant, friendly, driven professional approach across all our sites in Brentford, Chiswick, Hanworth, Heston, Isleworth & Osterley. Our leisure centres boast a full range of facilities including fitness studios, health suites, swimming pools, indoor & outdoor courts, pitches, tracks, and café facilities. It is our mission to provide inclusive and safe environments where we deliver supportive and professional services for all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to make a real difference and an enjoyable customer experience for all users of the Centre’s facilities.
About the Job
As a health and wellbeing officer at Lampton Leisure, you will assist and drive the sports and development activities within the community and lead the Adult Health & Wellbeing programmes we run from our centres, as well as contributing to the strategic development of sport and physical activities across the Borough. You will be responsible for the effective co-ordination and administration of the programmes and assist with the development of the programme working alongside the Sports and Community Development Team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To implement the Lampton Leisure Health & Wellbeing Plan, and lead on the adult delivery of Health, Wellbeing, Sports and Development.
- Lead on the Exercise on Referral Programme.
- To assist in the training, management, and development of the Exercise on Referral team of staff.
- To build upon and maintain positive working partnerships with key partners such as Healthy Hounslow, London Borough of Hounslow, Public Health, and community organisations.
- Undertake regular visits to GP surgeries, working alongside NHS partners to devise a planned programme of training sessions, to support the programmes’ work and objectives.
- Plan and execute activities, including a range of appropriate exercise sessions within Lampton centres and community-led classes.
- To manage, and deliver where appropriate, structured exercise sessions that are safe, effective, and enjoyable.
- To assist with health and wellbeing events, corporate team building and outreach engagement events
To be successful in this role, you will have a knowledge of sports and leisure with a passion for health and wellbeing and the ability to drive activities across the business and the wider borough. You will have previous experience of planning and delivering sports and community development activities and coaching or instructing adult fitness sessions.
You will be empathetic with a strong passion for building relationships, organised, professional, and compassionate with experienced in working across an organisation, interacting with a wide audience and influencing others. Employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check & reference checks
In return Lampton Group will offer you
- Free Parking at all Leisure Centre Sites
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Free Gym Membership
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Pension Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Staff wellbeing services
- Flu Jabs
- Eye care vouchers and support towards glasses
- Employee benefits portal
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric Car salary sacrifice scheme
Due to the needs of the business and the department, we may interview suitable candidates before the closing date. This job may also close early if a large number of applications are received. You are advised to submit your application as early as possible to avoid missing your chance to apply.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of what we value as an organisation. Lampton Group is an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our recruitment team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. It replaces the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).