Operations Manager - Knightsbridge, London
Paradox Museum is the most innovative and the fastest growing company in the edutainment industry. We aspire to set a new global trend where fun and education go hand by hand, offering a whole new experience. Paradox Museum is the place where customers not only have fun, learn everything about the exciting science behind paradoxes and take unique photos, but they also have the power of defining the experience themselves.
Following Stockholm, Oslo, Miami and Paris, Paradox Museum London will soon open its doors. We are looking for an outgoing, hands-on, experienced Operations Manager to help shape our guest experience and manage our daily operations.
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient daily operations of the Museum. The Operations Manager's role is to ensure our guests enjoy the best experience possible through recruitment, training and development, team management and other HR tasks plus retail, finance, health and safety management, and venue and exhibit maintenance.
- Interact with guests and ensure a high quality experience.
- Facilitate daily briefings and support teams towards excellence.
- Plan and ensure the proper execution of recurring maintenance actions and assume responsibility for the upkeep of the museum.
- Participate in the recruitment of museum employees
- Train and evaluate new starters including Supervisors and Guest Experience Assistants.
- Carry out onboarding of new employees
- Motivate, supervise and lead Supervisors & staff from the floor.
- Ensure that employees follow company policies and procedures.
- Create efficient and well balanced working schedules to maximize productivity and high level of Guest Experience.
- Ensure compliance with local occupational health and safety legislation.
- Respond to employee concerns and take lead on all potential disciplinary matters.
- Participate in budget preparation and expense management activities.
- Plan and manage all Paradox business operations in conjunction with the Marketing Manager and General Manager to achieve corporate objectives.
- Monitor and ensure effective and commendable use of time slots on a daily basis to maximise profitability.
- Coordinates the operation of the boutique (gift shop)
- Manage and verify all registered cash procedures.
- Communicate and report to the General Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- Minimum of 4 years of professional work experience in administration/ business management relevant roles in the and other relevant certifications entertainment industry.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire cross-functional teams, fostering a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Problem-solving mindset
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Strategic thinking
- Creativity and innovative thinking