General Manager - The Spencer Arms - Putney, London
Live Out Only
The Spencer Arms has been a favourite for locals of Putney for years, with a great selection of drinks and food we celebrate the area by being part of the community.
We are situated right by the common and even have several park tables available during the summer months directly on the common making it a local destination.
The role of the General Manager at pub is to host, train the team to a high standard of service, work closely with the Head Chef to produce seasonal menus, drives sales by events and being part of the Putney community.
What We Offer
- Management development through Watershed (Independent school for restaurant business)
- Training with qualifications of BTECH available
- Camden town brewery beer school placement available
- WSET levels 1 & 2 available
- Annual trips
- Free meal on duty
- 25% off food and drinks across all 13 of our pubs
- Incentives & recognition
- Bi - Annual Staff party and team events
- Refer a friend Scheme.
- Supplier Training - learn about your produce enjoy some tastings.
- E-Learning –modules that are certified.
- Pension Scheme
- Access to wages early – early pay
- Employee assistance through the Licensed Trade Charity
The Role & Requirements
We are looking a General Manager who adores the world of pub culture, is passionate about food, impeccable service & the customer experience.
- We are looking for someone with a Gastro Pub / Food Pub experience who genuinely has a passion for food.
- Strong leadership skills, the ability to recruit & train your team ensuring that they constantly grown and develop skills.
- Creativity – someone with ideas of events, local community incentives & menu creation
- Standards – high standards across the board
- Passion is key for us, the confidence to work with suppliers, host your pub, create, and really have fun.
The Company – Market Taverns
We are a collection of 13 charming British pubs located in the heart of London, offering a warm and friendly atmosphere with a selection of award-wining ales, fine wines and delicious seasonal British fare.
If you like one, you'll most certainly love the rest. Each of our locations has it's own individual character and unique feel.
If you would like to be considered for the role of Pub General manager, then please send through your CV.
Due to the number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only candidates eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the above position including settlement status.