Assistant Manager - London
We are an award-winning, high fiving, people loving, training leading, independent wine bar and kitchen!
If you love wine, and want a career in the industry, or if you love talking to people and want to learn about wine - there is no better place to start than at Vagabond Wines!
Our Assistant Managers are superheroes in our everyday comic strip. Their mission? To turn the mundane into the magnificent, the chaotic into the comical, and the ordinary into the extraordinary!
Their superpower? Transforming workplace challenges into a series of epic moments, all while keeping the team
in stitches, multitasking and solving puzzles... Real Champions!
We offer 100+ delicious wines by the glass, available to sample and explore via our bespoke wine dispensers, a seasonal sharing menu and our very own, very cool, urban winery in Battersea Power Station where we make amazing English wines.
At the heart of our stores are of course people who through their vibrancy & energy bring our wines to life. All levels of wine knowledge are open to apply. If you just know you like it but don't have the formal training, don't worry; we have some amazing training opportunities! If you're looking for a role where you can inspire, lead, engage and motivate an entire team, this is the job for you!
What we can offer you:
- £950 to spend on your mental and physical wellbeing every year
- A benefits package like no other, including half price cinema tickets, discounted holidays, shopping and gym memberships
- Free meals on every shift you work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training and development within a structured career path, with 100's of online and classroom lead courses
- Amazing discounts on our wines and beer
- Employee assistance programme including 8 face to face counselling sessions a year
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to grow and progress your career
Our guests overall experience is in your hands and as such we are looking for an assistant manager who is:
- Passionate about delivering world class service and loves interacting with our guests
- Passionate about people
- Well presented and trustworthy
- Who can lead and develop a team
- Who can inspire and motive a team
You will need to be highly social, up-beat and friendly. Any relevant qualifications such as WSET are advantageous but not essential.
Guiding our guests through the Vagabond wine experience, advising and informing our guests about our wines
- Training and developing a team
- Running the day to day activities of the store
- Stock ordering and control/reconciliation
- Managing a shift
- Supporting and guiding the team
If you are interested in being part of the team, please get in touch today!
2019 IWC Wine Awards - I'm Innovator of the Year
UK's 50 Best Indies 2018, Harpers - Winner
2018 Decanter Retailer Awards - Innovator of the Year, Winner
Small Chain of the Year Finalist 2018, Drinks Retailing Awards - Finalist
UK's 50 Best Indies 2017, Harpers - Top 3