Assistant General Manager - Birmingham
We are an award-winning, high fiving, people loving, training leading, technology embracing, independent wine bar and kitchen!
Our Assistant General Managers are the leaders of the future, they are GM's in training and should be a reliable source of knowledge, motivation and leadership. Supporting the General Manager in the daily operation of the store, training & developing a team and taking on full responsibility of the store & team in the absence of the General Manager. They are a valuable part of the Vagabond structure and their wisdom, dance moves and ability to entertain will know no bounds.
If you love wine, and want a career in the industry, or if you love talking to people and want to learn about wine - there is no better place to start than at Vagabond Wines!
We offer 100+ delicious wines by the glass, available to sample and explore via our bespoke wine dispensers, a seasonal sharing menu and our very own, very cool, urban winery in nearby Battersea Power Station where we make English wines.
At the heart of our stores are of course people who through their vibrancy & energy bring our wines to life. All levels of wine knowledge are open to apply. If you just know you like it but don't have the formal training, don't worry. We offer great training opportunities. If you're looking for a role where you can inspire, lead, engage and motivate an entire team, this is the job for you!
What we can offer you:
- £950 to spend on your mental and physical wellbeing every year
- A benefits package like no other, including half price cinema tickets, discounted holidays, shopping and gym memberships
- Free meals on every shift you work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training and development within a structured career path, with 100's of online and classroom lead courses
- Amazing discounts on our wines and beer
- Employee assistance programme
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to grow and progress your career
Our guests overall experience is in your hands and as such we are looking for an Assistant General Manager who is:
- Passionate about delivering world class service and loves interacting with our guests
- Passionate about people
- Well presented and trustworthy
- Who can lead and develop a team
- Who can inspire and motive a team
You will need to be highly social, up-beat and friendly. Any relevant qualifications such as WSET are advantageous but not essential.
- Guiding our guests through the Vagabond wine experience, advising and informing our guests about our wines and food
- Overall responsibility for store activities
- Stock ordering and control/reconciliation
- Managing and developing a team
- Building the business
- Implementing and maintaining all standards
If you are interested in being part of the team, please get in touch today!