Spa Host- Soho Farmhouse
Who We Are...
We are a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels, workspaces and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally. Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
Spa Host - 14.00 per hour
What's in it for you?
- Weekly Pay
- Team meal whilst on shift prepared by our chefs
- Soho Friends Membership
- 50% Team discount on Food & Drink, 7 days a week
- Team Room Rates; Any Bedroom, Any House, $100 a night
- Financial Incentive based on House Performance (Quarterly)
- Health Cash Plan (option to add children)
- Dental Plan (option to add children)
- Birthday Day Off
- Discount on Cowshed products and Soho Home (up to 50%)
- Free Counselling Sessions
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Our Cookhouse & Tonic Programmes offer unique food and drink training, events and opportunities to inspire and educate.
- Continuous training to develop yourself personally and professionally
- Exclusive access to our benefits platform with hundreds of discounts on shopping, gym memberships, holidays, insurance and much more
Surrounded by 100 acres of Oxfordshire countryside, Soho Farmhouse is a destination for food and drink, wellness and outdoor activities. Two hours' drive or a short train from London, we have 114 bedrooms, including cabins, huts and farmhouse bedrooms to stay in, a state-of-the-art gym, Cowshed Spa, an indoor and outdoor pool and cinema. We have multiple food and beverage outlets on site, The Main Barn is the central hub, serving the club menu all day. On the mezzanine, Comfy Farm has sofas and an open fire place, while Fancy Farm is a more formal setting for lunch or dinner. There is also Pen Yen for Japanese izakaya-style dishes from the robata grill, bind and sashimi, and Blake's Kitchen for fresh bread, sausage rolls and cinnamon buns. Finally, there is The Little Bell, a local favourite, for nose-to-tail cooking and natural wine.
We are seeking an experienced Spa Host to join our team at Soho Farmhouse (OX7 4JS). We are looking for an individual to offer a wellness concierge service to guests visiting the Spa facilities at Soho Farmhouse. A Spa Host will take care of guests in the newly refurbished Lazy Lake and Wellness Barn. The Lazy Lake is an outdoor lake facility; home to sunken hot tubs, infra-red sauna cabins, a steam room and ice room offers and guests a two-hour spa experience. The Wellness Barn includes two treatments rooms, ice baths and a wellness studio offering yoga and pilates. Key responsibilities are ensuring a high level of customer care, checking guests in and out of the facilities, maintaining the areas, assisting guests during their use of the spaces and taking bookings.
A successful Spa Host proactively maintains aesthetics of our new wellness areas, provides a great guest experience and responds to the facilities needs throughout the day.
Main Duties include:
- Hosting the lakeside facilities or wellness barn, checking guests in and out on the online booking system and ensuring a smooth experience for our members.
- Delivery of great interpersonal skills to create a unique membership experience and ability to up-sell our product and service offering.
- Guiding guests through use of our spa facilities including O-Zone Sauna and Ice Baths.
- Organising and making beverages for members using our lake facilities.
- Setting up and maintaining lake facilities, ensuring towels are readily available, light cleaning and preparation of areas and carrying out the clean down of facilities in-between usage.
- Work closely alongside the spa reception and management team to communicate day to day operations.
- Adhere to health and safety policy (I.e. IIPP, worker's comp procedures, and allergy procedures) and ensure is always followed as well as implement, monitor and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable
What we are looking for in a Spa Host...
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer / member experience focused
- Passionate about the industry and performing spa treatments.
- 1-2 years' experience in a busy high-profile Spa facility (preferred but not essential)
- Team player who communicates well with all colleagues
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Sense of urgency
- Yes, yes, yes mentality
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and available to working both opening and closing shifts when required
- Flexible schedule and ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to multitask and excel in a high-volume and demanding fast-paced environment
- Interest in wellness
- Great level of customer care
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required
Expected working hours for a Spa Host:
- Varying shift times across the seven days, to include working evenings, weekends, opens & closes
- Average hours 32-45 hours per week
Subsidised transport rate offered from: Chipping Norton (OX7) & Banbury (OX15 & OX16)
Opportunities for all...
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.