Senior Financial Analyst - Barbican, London
Are you fit for Virgin Active…..?!
Here at Virgin Active, we pride ourselves on our innovations and vision to be the World’s Most Loved Health Club. And we need you to get on board to deliver this!
This newly created role is to support the Finance team in the growth of its food and beverage business. Reporting to the European Head of Commercial Finance, you will be responsible for accounts payable processes and will be involved in several day-to-day accounting tasks. With support from the wider Finance team, you will be encouraged to take on additional responsibilities as you progress.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to providing valuable insights for financial modelling, forecasts and profitability.
- Providing and presenting a commercial understanding of performance, particularly vs budget
- Act as principal point of contact for club and support teams for membership & P&L related queries
- Perform ad hoc analyses to support club trend understanding.
- Utilize strong analytical skills to support dues analysis.
- Support ancillary reporting and analysis efforts.
- Participate in cost (opex and capex) control activities.
- To process the Journals required to record monthly transactions.
- Providing clear, concise recommendations with supporting analysis to aid in the decision-making process as well as to help set realistic expectations.
You will be based in our Support Office. This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
What we can’t live without:
Friendly & approachable, we’re looking for someone with experience & passion to take this exciting challenge on. To be successful as an Senior Accounts Analyst, you will have/be:
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 2 post-qualified experience
- +3 years of experience in FP&A or a similar role (ideally in Retail)
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills
- Proficient in excel and experience at PowerBI and TM1 systems also preferable. Comfortable working with large data sets.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial statement analysis
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. You’ll have a dedicated Manager and a supportive wider team to really set you up for success. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Birthday bonus day off (in addition to your annual leave)
- Health & dental care