Head Waiter/ess - Central London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head Waiter / Waitress to join General Manager Sam AitAftis and our Front of House team at Franco’s on Jermyn Street, Green Park.
Why join the Franco’s team?
- Offering approx £14.40 to £15.40 per hour or £32,500 to £35,000 per annum plus yearly bonus
- Flexible shifts, part time / full time / casual hours - Approx. 44 hours a week for full time hours
- The restaurant is closed on Sundays, 10 days over Christmas, 4 days over the Easter weekend and Bank holidays
- 28 days holidays (inc. bank holidays) + additional days given for years of service
- Training & development opportunities including company funded courses
- Career progression planning with platform ‘Flow Hospitality’
- Growth opportunities in both restaurants within the company
- To celebrate you passing probation you will be offered a Complimentary meal for 2
- 50% discount in each restaurant within the group (Franco’s and Wiltons)
- Company sickness pay
- Company pension scheme
- Uniforms provided and laundered
- Delicious meals whilst on duty
- Recommend a friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee of the quarter and the year rewards
- Annual staff party
- WSET certification or equivalent would be beneficial
Who are we?
Franco’s first opened in 1946, is considered one of the first Italian restaurants in London which focuses on traditional and contemporary Italian Cuisine. Located on Jermyn Street between Green Park and Piccadilly, Franco’s is a family-owned restaurant that has a sister venue, Wiltons also on Jermyn Street. Both are managed by Director Jason Phillips who has worked at the Savoy, the Avenue and C London.
The restaurant compromises of a bar area, main dining room and a basement area which can be used as two Private Dining rooms or additional seating for the restaurant. Franco’s is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday to Saturday and closed on Sundays. For more information please visit our website www.francoslondon.com.
What can you bring to the team?
- Previous experience as a Head Waiter or Supervisor in a similar, fast-paced establishment, catering for 80 to 120 covers during each service
- Excellent training, coaching and delegation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent sales & customer service skills
- Have experience and a good awareness of opportunities to improve sales
- High level of awareness and ability to anticipate guest needs
- Great knowledge of the different grape varieties and wine styles
- Great knowledge of spirits and classic cocktails
- Motivation, commitment, success orientated with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Knowledge and diversity from previous roles to the team
- Enthusiasm, drive & desire to learn
- Able to serve and clear a table up to 4 people
- Knowledge of the reservation system Sevenrooms and Point of Sale software TISSL would be beneficial
Right to work in the UK is a requirement. Please note we are currently unable to provide sponsorship for the moment.
Applications without a CV will not be considered. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days, your application is unlikely to have been successful on this occasion.