Chef (All Levels) - Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Your Aramark journey starts here
Are you currently working as a Commis or CDP and looking for a new challenge?
Love creating meals that put a smile on peoples faces?
Looking for a casual role?
Well, we have a job for you!
We are making a work life balance achievable whilst still working in hospitality, cultivating your culinary career with a world leading organisation.
We are currently looking for a Chef to work with our integral team at Gaza Barracks, Catterick Garrison, DL9 4AU
Perks of the job
- £10.70 per hour
- Full time – 40 hours per week
- 5 days over 7, Shifts ranging between 6am – 6pm
- Discounted meals on shift
- Free parking
- Free uniform and safety shoes provided
- NEST pension contribution and Life assurance
- Generous holiday allowance which increases after 3 full years of service
- Cycle to work / Refer a friend scheme
- Apprenticeship schemes available to help with career progression
- A wide range of perks including MyStaffShop discounts (save money on your weekly supermarket shop!), Nest pension, Life assurance, online e-learning and much more!
What you'll be doing
- Cooking a variety of meals for our military customers.
- Comply with all relevant food safety legislation
- Help to reduce kitchen waste and processes to minimise wastage.
- Supporting with food orders
- Check all food is compliant with allergens
- Following recipe cards to prepare, cook and serve a range of meals
- Completing daily paperwork to cover due diligence
- Assisting with deliveries and stock checks / placing orders
- Placing food orders and maintaining kitchen records
- To share responsibility with the Chef manager/Catering manager for the checking, probing and signing of all food deliveries
- To monitor and record temperatures of fridges, freezers, hot cabinets and serveries.
- Assisting in daily and weekly kitchen deep cleans
- Full knowledge of all menu items served
- Relevant culinary qualification is desirable but apprenticeship schemes are available which allow you to earn whilst you learn!
- Previous experience of working in a kitchen
- Certificate in food safety (or willing to obtain via our online e-learning)
- Excellent team player and communicator
- DBS and security checks required