Head Chef - Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Your Aramark journey starts here
Are you currently working in the culinary world and looking for more responsibility?
Love creating meals that put a smile on peoples faces?
Looking for a flexible role?
Well, we have a job for you!
We are making a work life balance achievable whilst still working in hospitality, cultivating your culinary career with a world leading organisation.
We are currently looking for a Head Chef to work with our integral team at Marne Barracks, Catterick Village, DL10 7NP
Perks of the job
- £11.08 per hour
- Full time – 37.5 hours a week – 5/7 including weekend work
- Shifts range between 6am – 8pm (later when a function is on)
- Discounted meals on shift
- Free on site parking
- Free use of onsite gym
- Free uniform provided
- NEST pension contribution and Life insurance
- Generous holiday entitlement which increases after 3 full years service
- Cycle to work / Refer a friend scheme
- Apprenticeship schemes available to help with career progression
- A wide range of perks including MyStaffShop discounts (save money on your weekly supermarket shop!), Nest pension, Life assurance, online e-learning and much more!
What you'll be doing
- You’ll be preparing and serving food to the highest standard
- Management of a single large kitchen with a team of Chefs and Assistants
- Organising and supporting your team to ensure a smooth operation daily
- Ensure tasks are allocated so teams are fully utilised
- Producing food in line with the recipe sheets
- Full knowledge of all menu items served
- Organising monthly stock count and conduct appropriate brand standard audits
- Support the effective delivery of special functions or events
- Ensuring that we deliver high quality service to the mess members and other military personnel
- Management of all kitchen financials (stock, labour cost etc)
- Management of production and food levels to ensure minimal wastage
- Placing orders and keeping records of any stock wastage
- Completing all shift opening and closing checklists and due diligence
- Act as a trainer/ coach for new team members to learn procedures and standards for all kitchen tasks.
- Assist in daily and weekly kitchen deep cleans
- Undertake relevant training as required
- DBS and security checks to be completed
- Previous experience in a similar role
- NVQ Level 2/3 or experience working in a busy kitchen environment
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- The ability to monitor your own performance and that of your colleagues.
- The ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure.
- The ability to organise your time and workload.