Clip & Climb Instructor - Move Urmston - Urmston, Greater Manchester
Trafford Leisure is on the lookout!
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Trafford Leisure team, we are a Leading Leisure provider across Trafford and we work together to get the people of Trafford to move more everyday!
Trafford Leisure is a community interest company, we exist to benefit the Trafford community and we are committed to being a responsible and sustainable employer. We are the largest operator of sport and leisure facilities in Trafford, operating nine indoor facilities, one golf course and driving range and 31 outdoor football pitches, attracting over 2 million visits and employing a workforce of over 300 people. Our team support, guide and motivate people and communities to get healthy and be active and we want YOU to become part of this fantastic team.
As the business recovers from COVID and we look forward to the future Trafford Leisure has a lot to be excited about. Alongside our recent £7million development of Urmston which opened in 2020, Trafford Council will be continuing their investment plan into indoor Leisure across Trafford. Altrincham, Sale and Stretford’s Leisure Centre’s will be refurbished turning these busy but tired facilities into modern, inspiring, fit for purpose Centre’s under the continued roll out of Trafford Leisure’s new brand . Alongside this we need to ensure we have a developed and committed team across Trafford Leisure to allow us to continue delivering a first class service to our customer.
To ensure that the area is running safely, smoothly and on time providing a safe and fun experience, interacting with the participants and enhancing their experience through positive engagement, whilst ensuring all operating procedures are fully adhered to.
- Carry out daily & monthly safety checks on climbing equipment
- Ensure the safe running of the Clip ‘n Climb arena in accordance with risk assessments and operating procedures
- Interact and assist with customers, providing an exceptional customer experience
- Work with team members to ensure all shift operational duties are undertaken
- Support with any events and promotional activities
- Attend ongoing staff training and development opportunities
- Understand and support reception duties
Clip n Climb is all about a positive, happy and active experience, so if you’re a positive, happy and active person with a fun outlook, you could be just who we’re looking for!
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Confidently carry out duties at heights of up to 10 metres, clip and climbing experience is not essential but an ability to work confidently at these heights is.
- Excellent communication skills to deliver information to large groups of people
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organised, reliable and efficient
- Calm approach when working under pressure
- Able to demonstrate initiative and work unsupervised
- Open friendly manner with an ability to interact with a diverse range of people
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Willingness to be flexible and take on other duties in the centre
Working Hours: Saturday and Sunday hours available (09.45 - 13.15 both days)
Location: Primary location will be Move Urmston.
What you can expect from us?
Our business is led by a small, passionate and professional group of individuals. We work together to support and lead our dedicated teams across the organisation which despite its size and number of locations has a fantastic family feel. As one of its strongest assets, we focus our attention on the people we employ, by providing training and continual development, only through this can we achieve the high levels of service and provision to our customers.
As well as training and development as a Trafford Leisure employee you will be rewarded with;
- £10.90 per hour
- A progressive, structured and supportive environment in which to work
- Pension scheme
- 30 days holiday, raising to 35 days after 5-years’ service, (including bank holiday’s)
- Company sick pay
- Health and Ride 2 Work schemes
- Complementary Fitness Membership for you
- Heavily discounted Fitness Membership for up to 5 of your Family & Friends
- 24/7 access to a GP
- Employee health scheme – including Confidential Counselling
- Employee Assistant Programme which as an employee could claim back up to £1150 per year of healthcare costs
- Access to a Perks at Work scheme for discounts
- Access to Manchester Credit Union for savings and loans
Equality, equity, diversity and inclusion (EEDI)
Equality, equity, diversity and inclusion is critical for the success of Trafford Leisure and the achievement of our vision. We aspire to being a diverse, inclusive and responsible employer as we recognise that having a diverse workforce is essential to bringing fresh ideas and perspectives to our organisation, so we particularly welcome applications from minority, marginalised and diverse groups, and we in turn promise a fair and unbiased recruitment process. If there is anything you need support you to apply for a position then please do get in touch. We look forward to receiving your application.
The Next Steps
We’re looking to appoint as soon as possible, so if this sounds like the perfect role for you, don’t delay, apply TODAY by completing an application form and attaching your CV!
*Remember to specify the role and Centre you are applying for.
We do not accept speculative CV from Agencies and any CV’s received will be treated as a gift.