Bar Assistant - Londonderry
Register your interest by submitting your name and email address. You will then be sent an email with the link, contacting full job description, including criteria and the application form for completion.
Click on Apply Now to register.
Passionate about food? Want to develop your career with the world's leading food service management company? Look no further, we, the leading food service and hospitality provider across the Island of Ireland, are looking for a Bar Assistant to join our talented team on a part time contract basis working 16 hours per week.
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Free meals while at work
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Additional, seasonal and overtime hours available
- Career Pathways to support career progression and/or skills development
- Perks shopping discount Card which can be used across the Island of Ireland to save at various restaurants, high street stores, hotels, day out venues, leisure centres, gyms, golf courses and many more
- Learning & development programs available alongside access to hundreds of online training courses for personal and professional development & growth
- Flexible Working to support Work Life Balance
- Additional Leave Purchase scheme to balance home and work life
- Access to wellness programs to promote mental health and wellbeing of our colleagues
- Employee Assistance Program to guide and support our employees
- Exciting internal reward and recognition schemes
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
Please note: This role is contracted to 33.4 weeks per year
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing perfectly blended drinks and serving high-quality food that delights our customers
- Maintaining an effective bar service with an emphasis on high-quality, efficient service
- Keeping the bar area clean
- Having a perfect knowledge of all beverages served in the bar, how to prepare them and how they should be presented
- Receiving and processing payments (cash and credit cards)
- Being an enthusiastic team player and excellent communicator
- Representing Defence and maintaining a positive brand image
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
Our ideal Bar Personnel will:
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Have a warm personality and smartly presented
- Be committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Strive for excellence in an eager and motivated manner
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
Compass Group reserves the right to enhance the criteria, if necessary, for the purposes of shortlisting.
At Compass Ireland, our people are our business. When you join the Compass Group you will be joining a supportive network of incredible individuals, each united by their passion for going the extra mile for the organisations we partner with. We are building a team who care about providing a great customer experience and want to grow and develop as we do. We are dedicated to investing in every colleague joining us. We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. We consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Job Reference: com/0211/99422001/52505091/WJ #LI-DNP
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!