Junior Sous Chef - Accommodation Available - Bruton, Somerset
Hours: 4 days per week
The Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset is a country estate with ancient woodland, historic gardens and far-reaching views. A new and unique destination attracting recognition at the highest level, with luxury hotel, spa, restaurants and an abundance of homegrown produce. Our 300-year-old estate welcomes guests from all over the world; a home from home, delivering outstanding service in informal surroundings. Gardens, orchards, and treetop walkways inspire while roaring fires and a garden-scented spa offer true tranquillity. Much of our food is sourced from the estate or trusted local farms and producers.
The Botanical Rooms
A contemporary take on British fine-dining, we offer a true farm to fork experience in a beautifully designed, atmospheric 60 cover restaurant. All food is prepared in our kitchen with ingredients fresh from our gardens or locally sourced, ensuring quality and seasonality. Our talented chefs ensure each ingredient is elevated to its highest potential - creating an unforgettable experience. Open for breakfast through to dinner, we offer cream tea in the library and early evening cocktails on the terrace.
Our Junior Sous Chef
The Junior Sous Chef will fully support the sous chef and head chef in all aspects of the kitchen in our hotel in Somerset. From time to time you will ensure smooth and efficient running of the Kitchen for the Botanical Rooms. You will be confidant, self-motivated, lead from the front and be passionate about food and hospitality. Prime focus will be cooking, health and safety, orders and procedures.
- Ensure the kitchen is set for service and shift runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensure food is delivered to the highest standard.
- Responsible for staff and there development and progression
- Maintain company representation, ensuring you and your team always look impeccable.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a luxury restaurant or hotel at junior Sous level for two years is required
- Confident yet approachable with outstanding leadership skills
- Great time management, self-motivating and driven
- Great business acumen
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Microsoft Office and good tech skills
- Willingness to develop, grown and keep up with the demands of our developing business
- Passion for food, beverage and luxury hospitality
Our Newt Rewards
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate - grown meal provided each day, created by our staff food chefs
- Employee Assistance Programme - support 365 days per year
- Chef Shoes after probation review
- 30% online shop discount and free delivery
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Cross Training and career development opportunities