Data Architect - Leeds
Are you an Architect with experience working on large Data platforms or designing Data-driven solutions?
Would you like to work on one of the largest Retail transformations, defining Asda's future data architecture landscape in a rapidly evolving architecture practice?
This is an exciting opportunity to step into the Strategy and Architecture team working with the Data and Insights Team in Asda Technology as a Data Architect. The role is a vacancy in Strategy and Architecture data team to work on the Future Programme, which will be an opportunity to work on a cutting-edge Data Ecosystem.
Asda are currently investing heavily in its data landscape and will give the opportunity to shape and add lots of value in lots of exciting projects that is part of Asda's strategy.
"Everything you'll love "
Hybrid and flexible working - everyone is looking for that work/life balance and Asda have it on point. Flexible working meaning you work where it works to meet both your needs and the business needs Discretionary bonus - Rewarding you for your hard work and efforts Car allowance - 5,700 car allowance / electric company car Company Pension Scheme matched to a limit - Looking forward to the future Minimum 24 days annual leave per year plus 8 bank holidays - Making sure you take time for your self and switch off Private medical - single, couple, family or single parent cover available 4 weekly pay - which means you get an extra payday a year Digital GP and Wellbeing sessions - Asda genuinely cares so we create a culture where our people can perform at their best, the physical health and mental wellbeing of all our people is very important to us Discount off your shopping at Asda and George - with extra discounts running throughout the year - really makes a difference, saving the colleagues an average of 700 a year Career development and apprenticeship and graduate schemes - we want our colleagues to excel and grow with our business. (Link to grad scheme on Asda page) Free city centre parking - you can also use it outside working hours
Plus much more!
"That's more like it"
"Find your role"
This role would ideally suit a passionate and experienced Data Architect to join a mature practice, working with a growing team of 50+ in a supportive environment, with great opportunities for self-development and training.
- You will be able to allocate 10% of your time towards Learning & Development activities aligned to your Personal Development Plan.
- Access to Microsoft Enterprise Skills initiative portal to gain access to Microsoft trainings and certifications.
- Opportunities to work with latest Technologies and Tooling in the Cloud.
- Lead on data architecture support to the business, including the development of conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Develop the Enterprise Data Model and Master data management.
- Work on data architecture with NextGen ERPs like SAP S/4 HANA (SAP RISE), Workday, Salesforce, Manhattan and BlueYonder.
Experience in Retail, or at least operating in an enterprise-scale environment is desirable but not essential.
'Future' is the name for the programme that will see Asda create their new operating model, independent from Walmart. Technology will undoubtedly be one of the most ambitious parts of this work where all the technology decisions made will underpin the way the entire business will operate in the future. To enable this programme, the technology operating model will be transitioned to become self-sufficient from Walmart offering so many exciting opportunities.
"Let's find out about you"
- Define Data standards and principals
- Translation for business requirements into Data Design, technical specifications
- Data migration, strategy, mapping / lineage, quality, standards across multiple projects and solutions
- Work closely with the development team to design and implement data solutions
- Being able to recommend the best place to source data sets, both internal and external to the organisation
- Ability to capture and document standards and designs that can be easily understood for all stakeholders (DBAs through to CIO)
- Data migration and the ability to be consulted with data movements for data performance and optimisation
- Microsoft experience (SQL DW / Cosmos DB / Azure Data Lake)
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders, colleagues, and strategic partners across a portfolio of projects
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience in modern Enterprise Architect tooling is desirable but not essential, training will be provided on Erwin and Ardoq.
Work Where it Works. Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to complete your daily tasks where you will be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team. We would love to talk to you about this.
"Find your everything at Asda" - bringing brighter living within everyone's reach.
We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workforce, representative of the communities we serve, and are creating ways to inspire diverse talent to join Asda.
If you have any questions, then please email Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org