Sustainability Co-ordinator - Leeds
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sustainability Co-ordinator to join the Asda Sustainable Supply Chain team. The sustainable supply chain team are responsible for developing and delivering the business's sustainable sourcing strategy, engaging with key suppliers, stakeholders and opinion formers.
"Everything about Asda"
We are a values-led organisation. As such we encourage everyone to be open and honest. We work creatively and collaboratively, valuing everyone's input.
Our collaborative culture, the size of our business and our belief in the empowerment of the individual means opportunities at Asda are abundant.
We conduct 300m worth of transactions every week. Our website handles over 2 million transactions a month. We have more than 145,000 dedicated Asda colleagues ensuring that our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
"Everything you'll love"
- Hybrid and flexible working - everyone is looking for that work/life balance and Asda have it on point. Flexible working meaning you work where it works to meet both your needs and the business needs
- Discretionary bonus - Rewarding you for your hard work and efforts
- Company Pension Scheme matched to a limit - Looking forward to the future
- Minimum 24 days annual leave per year plus 8 bank holidays - Making sure you take time for your self and switch off
- 4 weekly pay - which means you get an extra payday a year
- Digital GP and Wellbeing sessions - Asda genuinely cares so we create a culture where our people can perform at their best, the physical health and mental wellbeing of all our people is very important to us
- Discount off your shopping at Asda and George - with extra discounts running throughout the year - really makes a difference, saving the colleagues an average of 700 a year
- Career development and apprenticeship and graduate schemes - we want our colleagues to excel and grow with our business. (Link to grad scheme on Asda page)
- Free city centre parking - you can also use it outside working hours
Plus, much more!
"That's more like it"
"Find your role"
As Sustainability Co-ordinator, you will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of ASDAs Sustainable Supply Chain activities and for collating data for analysis and reporting. You will be liaising with suppliers and there will be opportunities for development through project work and a wide range of sustainability and Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) topics.
The role will work with closely with the Senior Sustainability Manager and wider teams to support delivery of ASDAs scope 3 carbon reduction programme and our nature strategy.
What You'll Be Responsible For
- Undertaking supply chain analysis and reporting
- Co-ordinating and verifying ESG data
- Acting as a key point of contact in the business for product related sustainability queries - both internal and external
- Assisting with the management of our supplier sustainability platform
- Supporting the delivery of communications and stakeholder engagement
Let's find out about you"
You'll have some experience working in retail, FMCG or sustainability preferably with some experience of applying sustainability practice in this areas. You'll also have:
- Some understanding of the wider national and global sustainability issues affecting business
- You'll be inquisitive with an appetite to learn about unfamiliar fields
- The ability to work as a self-starter, working in a dynamic work environment
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to multitask and prioritise
- The ability to understand how sustainability impacts different aspects of the ASDA business.
- Good IT and data skills and competent working with software like Sharepoint, Excel and Powerpoint
"Find your everything at Asda" - bringing brighter living within everyone's reach.
We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workforce, representative of the communities we serve, and are creating ways to inspire diverse talent to join Asda.