Commercial Finance Business Partner - Solihull, West Midlands
Stonegate Group is the largest pub company in the UK. We have over 4,000 managed, leased and tenanted pubs across the country, covering such brands as Slug & Lettuce, Be At One, Rosie's, Popworld, Craft Union etc. We are now looking for an experienced Commercial Finance Business Partner to join our team, based in our head Offices near Solihull. This role will involve business partnering across many departments in the company, so we are looking for excellent communication skills at all levels, also a strategic approach to decision making and negotiation. You will need to be fully qualified (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) ideally with at least 1 year PQE. You will joining a well established team, in an exciting and varied role.
Purpose of role:
A varied and exciting role for an experienced finance professional to join the busy Joint Venture Team. Acting as a Commercial Finance Business Partner for up to 3 or 4 Joint Venture businesses. Providing financial and commercial support through business partnering to our Joint Venture businesses, with the objective of enhancing their financial performance. The role also involves oversight of the Company’s balance sheet and cash flow forecasting with a focus on working collaboratively with Joint Venture Partners to grow equity value in their businesses. Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships is also central to this role
Key Skills Required:
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to interpret and present financial information to both finance and non-finance professionals
- Ability to act as a highly effective ‘Critical Friend’ to Joint Venture partners; with the ability to be assertive, questioning, challenging and thought provoking in all aspects of the relationship
- Ability to work independently and as part of a busy team
- Advanced MS Excel skills with the ability to create meaningful analysis with resulting conclusions and recommendations presented at high standards
- A proven background in commercial finance, ideally gained in a similarly large, geographically diverse organisation. Retail and/or pub industry experience desirable but not essential
- Business partner to a number of Joint Venture businesses
- Think strategically and provide insight to support Joint Venture businesses in decision making
- Modelling of outcomes for the JV Partner businesses to ensure they can take appropriate actions with a high degree of financial visibility
- Development and production of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting in line with the needs of the businesses
- Critical review of monthly JV Management Accounts and support Joint Venture partners with P&L queries
- Ownership of budgeting and forecasting process for businesses with an aligned focus upon balance sheet
- Deep understanding of the cost base of each business and able to identify business opportunities with a focus on growing equity value
- Preparation of monthly Management Board Packs
Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) ideally with at least 1 year PQE
A little bit about us…
The Solihull Pub Support Team offices are light and airy offices in Shirley, Solihull, where you will be greeted by our Welcome Team. We have free onsite secure parking with EV charging and cycle storage, a subsidised canteen serving breakfast and lunch, as well as an onsite pub used for social events. The offices are fully accesible.
What's in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Vitality Healthcare
- Opt in dental insurance programme
- Annual bonus scheme
- The Stonegate discount card offering discounts across our managed estate
- Online benefits portal offering discounts across the High Street and other retailers
At Stonegate Group, we're proud to be the biggest operator of pubs, bars, and late-night venues in the United Kingdom. Our leading brands are diverse and well-known, including names like Slug & Lettuce, Be At One and Popworld.
If you have a disability as outlined by the Equality Act 2010 and require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please let us know in advance so that any support, aids or adaptations can be put in place to assist you.