Duty Manager - Cox Green Leisure Centre - Maidenhead, Berkshire
We are looking for someone enthusiastic, energetic and with a passion for fitness, customer focus and community.. You must demonstrate a strong commitment towards ensuring excellence in customer service and enhancing the customer experience. This is a customer facing role, and as such you must be ready to communicate with a diverse range of clients, including members of the public, children and young people, youth group leaders and teachers.
Primary Objectives for the Duty Manager position will be:
- To ensure the highest possible standards of health and safety, cleanliness and customer care within the Centre.
- To develop and promote an exciting, innovative leisure programme in order to increase the usage and profitability of the Centre.
- To assume shift management responsibility for the center to maximize the total performance of the center and maintain the highest standards of customer care.
- To deputise for the General Manager as requested.
- To assist the General Manager in providing appropriate staff training and development.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required by the General Manager to ensure that the business objectives of the contract are achieved.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
It will be desirable that the post holder has a recognised qualification in leisure management, sports development or related subject. The successful candidate will preferably have knowledge and skills in the Leisure or a related industry in a small/medium sized enterprise.
- The position of Duty Manager is classed as a regulated post and therefore requires a DBS Disclosure. Where the individual does not hold already hold a DBS Disclosure, it will be necessary for the post holder to be submitted for a DBS check.
Leisure Focus is a not for profit Charitable incorporated organisation (CIO). It has been established to work with local communities; supporting clubs, organisations and individuals to achieve their sporting and lifestyle goals. We manage each facility in a responsible way, to ensure each customer has the opportunity to access activities regardless of their race, sex, age, religion, and financial circumstances, physical or mental ability.
Our Values ( FACE)
In every role, across every site, our colleagues are the 'face' of Leisure Focus. Together, we
- Focus on the Customer
- Approach everything systematically
- Collaborate to achieve
- Exceed expectation
There are many great things about Leisure Focus. One of our strengths is that people come together from different cultures, perspectives, and experiences. We are world-class fitness experts, ensuring we at Leisure Focus have a culture where everyone is welcome.
Our team members are at the heart of what we do and it’s why we’re here. We are proud to have a global inclusive workforce, with team members from all backgrounds and cultures. We are a disability confident employer, who is committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace.
Reporting to: General Manager
Annual Leave: 28 days’ paid annual leave per year
Pension: NEST Auto Enrolment after 3 months service
- Free gym membership for the employee and appointed person
- Discounted food and beverages on site discounted retail items
- Career progression and development opportunities
- Training and development
- Employee assistance programme
- Free parking on site