Cook - Dundee, Dundee City
Your Aramark journey starts here
Do you love to create meals that put smiles on faces?
Do you love leading your team to success?
Looking for a flexible part time role?
We are currently recruiting a Cook to join our team at Strathmore Lodge, 31 Ward Road, Dundee, DD1 1NG
Our client, a Christian Charity whose mission is to meet human needs without discrimination.
The site offers a wide range of services to include supporting those with addiction, mental health, homelessness, and individuals who have been involved in the criminal justice system.
Owing to the unpredictable environment, this role will require a candidate who is strong willed, empathetic, and who accepts people from all walks of life. You will be socially aware and unafraid of working in an environment that can at times be challenging.
Perks of the job
- £11.72 per hour
- 24 hours per week, 5/7 including weekdays and weekends
- Shifts range between 8am – 6pm
- Life assurance and Pension contribution
- Cycle 2 Work scheme / Refer a friend scheme
- On site free parking
- Free meals on shift
- Local transport links
- Love2Shop discounts, including savings on your weekly supermarket shop!
- You will also be joining a great team, with fabulous career prospect and could lead to all sorts of opportunities – we LOVE to promote from within!
- As we are passionate about developing our people from within, great training is provided.
What you'll be doing
- Prepare and cook a variety of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and equipment
- Ensure food is correctly stored according to food safety policies and guidelines
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment and utensils
- Provide excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards guests, customers and co workers
- Assisting in the compilation of all shift opening and closing checklists
- DBS checks required
- At least 2 years cooking experience
- Confident team player!