Food Service Assistant - St Helens, Merseyside
Your Aramark journey starts here
Are you looking to work in a fun but busy environment as part of a team delivering a service to an array of customers?
Enjoy making a difference each day and supporting your team?
We are currently recruiting for a part time Food Service Assistant to be a part of our integral team at Salisbury House, 1 Phoenix Brown, St Helens, Merseyside, WA9 1SA
Our client is a Christian Charity whose mission is to meet human needs without discrimination.
The site offers a wide range of services to include supporting those with addiction, mental health, homelessness, and individuals who have been involved in the criminal justice system.
Owing to the unpredictable environment, this role will require a candidate who is strong willed, empathetic, and who accepts people from all walks of life. You will be socially aware and unafraid of working in an environment that can at times be challenging.
What's in it for you
- £11.21 per hour
- Part time, permanent role – 16 hours per week including weekdays and weekend work
- Shifts ranging between 7am – 6.30pm
- Life insurance and pension contribution
- Free on-site parking
- Free uniform
- Cycle 2 Work scheme / Refer a friend scheme
- Love2Shop discounts including discounts on your weekly supermarket shop and lifes luxuries!
- You will also be joining a great team, with fabulous career prospect and could lead to all sorts of opportunities – we LOVE to promote from within!
- As we are passionate about developing our people from within, great training is provided, we do not look for experience, we need a good attitude and the willingness to learn.
What you’ll be doing
- Serve food and beverages to guests
- Basic food preparation – both hot and cold counter service
- General kitchen cleaning
- Pot washing
- Stock rotation and putting away orders
- Working as part of an excellent, supportive team
- Clean back of house areas, crockery & cutlery using equipment when trained to do so.
- Follow food hygiene and safety procedures in line with health and safety requirements
- Undertake relevant training as required
- Food handling experience is essential for this role
- Must be a confident team player
- A DBS check is required